✔ Prologue.

Nandi

Packing my suitcase for a trip home was a nightmare. Not just the part when I couldn't fit all my things into my luggage but just the thought of being back in Africa, in my father's palace, with everyone fussing over me.

In Europe, I was free. I had eyes on me all the time, but I liked that I had no bodyguards walking beside me or palace girls fussing over my hair or my clothing. I got to go out with my friends to night clubs-- I got to be young and free.

Of course, once all of that hit the tabloids, my father would be the first to call to scold me and tell me to stop embarrassing the family and to, for once, act like the princess that I was.

I was quite the rebel and I didn't exactly daydream about ruling my home country. I wanted to be a film director. My family wasn't supportive of that though. According to them, I had no other choice but to be a princess and they weren't going to have me making movies and all of that for the world when I had a throne waiting for me.

I dragged my suitcase out of my dorm, ready to leave cool Oxford for a hot South Africa. I got into my taxi cab and left for the airport, going through my Instagram to pass the time.

__________

"Princess Nandi!" Paul, my chauffeur, stood at arrivals, a big smile in his face and a big sign that had my name on it in his hands.

Paul always looked so polished. He always wore a suit and always had a nice clean haircut. He was friendly and pretty wise for a guy who was only in his 30s.

"Hello, Paul." I smiled at him and greeted him with a hug.

"How was your flight?" He took my designer carry bag from me and put it on top of my suitcases which were on the airport cart.

"Long, tiring. I'm hungry too." I said.

"Then you'll be pleased to know that your parents have organised a big feast for your arrival."

I put on a smile.

"Come, we must hurry." Paul led the way.

The airport was packed, more than I was used to. Police officers were in every corner too.

"Hey, Paul?" I said, looking around.

"Yes, your majesty."

"What's going on here today, do you know? Is this my newly upgraded welcome squad?" I joked.

"Don't you wish." Paul smiled. "I heard that some international superstar is landing today. Some singer. Johnson Biester or something like that. I don't listen to pop music. But he's getting quite the welcome."

I bit my lip, quite relieved that I wasn't being fussed over like this but also a tad bit jealous.

"Yeah." I muttered.

Paul and I made it to the parking lot and I had to wait in the car for him to pay for our parking.

I rolled down my window and pulled my phone out of my pocket. Going through my music, I heard a commotion and stuck my head out the window to see what was going on.

Policemen and airport security hurried towards the direction of my car, a white male in the middle of them along with a petite brunette woman. They hurried past me to a black mini bus and I got to get a look at the superstar that Paul had told me about. Justin Bieber.

As they hurried by, he glanced at me.

I gave him a small smile then rolled up my window and Paul was in the driver's seat before I knew it.

"To the palace we go." He started the engine.

"Could you play some music for me please?" I said, passing my phone to him.

"What's on your play list, your majesty?" Paul took my phone and connected it to our car via bluetooth.

"August Alsina." I smiled brightly.

"Oh boy." Paul smiled and played my music as he drove out of the airport and to the main road.

☆ ☆ ☆

A/N

I just wanted to post an opening chapter for my new fanfic. It's quite an interesting one because I only dreamt of it some nights ago lol so I have a lot of writing to do but I'm excited for it.

Characters:

Justin Bieber as himself

Tika Sumpter as Nandi [pronounced 'Nun-dee']

DJ Doowap as Nina (I think she's pretty cool, she's a radio DJ in my country, makes some pretty cool electro mixes)

Khalil as himself
Ryan Butler as himself
(Everyone else can be who you imagine them to be)

Btw, I based this story on my home country because why not (haha)? And some things aren't factually correct (like the fact that the country has a king and all of that- there are royal families but they rule villages instead), but this IS a fictional story so...

Hope you liked the first intro of the story. Can't wait to give you more ♡