I looked at Hunter then at Lucas.

"Why is he raping my shirt?"

"I have no idea, baby. It's a little weird. Lucas. Shift. Now. We need to talk."

Lucas looked up at him lazily, but obeyed eventually. I guess the Alpha voice still worked on him. Lucas' tanned and oh so naked body came into form and Hunter cursed softly as he put his hand over my eyes. I giggled softly. So much for not caring about modesty.

"Lucas, damn it! Go put some pants on."

I heard Luke chuckle as his footsteps receeded up the steps. I wonder if he still had my shirt. Hunter lifted his hand and pointed to the couch and I followed him there. We both sat down with Julie across from us on the other couch. Hunter dragged me onto his lap, and I was too tired to argue.

After a few minutes of silence, Lucas came sauntering out in a pair of sweats. He still had my shirt in his hand and I was starting to get irritated. What the hell is up with that shirt?

He sat down next to Julie and looked over at me and Hunter. Hunter sighed and lightly deposited me onto the couch again next to him. He leaned forward and rubbed his face tiredly. He asked the question that almost all of us were thinking.

"What is up with you and that shirt?"

"It smells good."

Hunter looked amused as he listened to Lucas' answer. He looked at Julie who giggled softly and spoke for Lucas.

"It has the scent of his mate on it."

Hunter growled and pulled me closer. "If he wants the scent of his mate, why is he smelling that when he could just smell Cooper himself? Not that I will ever allow him to get 10 feet from him ever again."

"Because Cooper isn't Luke's mate."

Me and Hunter looked at her confused, but she just shrugged.

"He said Cooper was his mate this morning. That's the whole reason for the fight."

"Lucas got it wrong. Cooper isn't his mate."

Hunter threw up his hands and glared at Julie.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Lucas looked embarassed as he looked at me apologetically.  "I got the scents wrong. I smelled my mate on Cooper and assumed it was him. My bad."

"If I'm not Lucas' mate, then who is?"

"Whoever's shirt that is."

"It's mi-"

"No it's not. You said you borrowed it from a friend."

Hunter took the shirt and sniffed it. He looked at me confused. "Jesse?"

"Jesse..." Lucas said dreamily as he smelled the shirt again. That was starting to get weird.

"So what your saying is: Lucas smelled Jesse's scent on Cooper's shirt, so he thought Cooper was his mate. Then when you put the shirt above Lucas during the fight, he smelled his mate and he felt the need to protect. That's why he stopped fighting and why he reacted like that."

"Yes."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "How did you know all this? How did you know to put the shirt above Lucas? How did you know it wasn't mine?"

"Because Julie is a witch."

"I figured that already."

Julie glared at me and I smiled back. Payback.

"No, she is literally a witch. She probably sensed the situation or something and figured it out. That's why we keep her around."

"No, you keep me around because you love me and my amazing sense of humor."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever gets you through the night."

Julie stuck her tongue out at Hunter before turning to me. Her face turned serious.

"On a serious note, Cooper. Jesse is in real danger-"

"WHAT?!?!" Lucas yelled as he leapt from his seat. His eyes went furious and his body tensed up in alert at the threat against his mate. He got low into Julie's face and grabbed her blouse with his fists, nearly lifting the smallish woman off her feet.

"What the hell do you mean Jesse is in danger?!?!?! What's wrong with my mate????"  His eyes looked feral and he shook Julie hard.

Julie remand her calm composed self as she looked him in the eyes. "Your mate is the victim of abuse by his father, but shaking me isn't going to help."

Hunter immediately dropped Julie back into her seat and practically ran towards the door.  Before he could shove the door open, Hunter's command stopped him short.

"Lucas, don't take another step." Lucas froze at the command and luckily didn't try to defy his Alpha. Yet. Instead he turned towards Hunter, his face showing his desperation. He bared his teeth at Hunter and snarled at him.

"That is my MATE out there being beaten by some asshole whose bigger than him. You can't expect me to stand around and do nothing. What would you do if that was Cooper?"

"I would be out that door in seconds, track down the bastard, and rip his body to shreds for laying a single finger on my Cooper without a second thought." Hunter said with no hesitation. Before Lucas could interject, he continued. "But you arn't me and I'm the alpha. If you storm in there fists swinging then you can ruin the whole situation. Jesse doesn't know a thing about werewolves, so you need to calm down if your going to be the one to rescue him."

Lucas' body was tense, but it slowly started the calm as his breathing got slower. He finally sagged against the door and walked over to sit next to Julie again. Hunter motioned to Julie to continue.

"As I was saying, I suspect Hunter was already planning on moving him in here." Hunter nodded. "Perfect. You should have someone go get him so-"

"I'll do it."

We all looked at Lucas who was breathing heavily in pent up anger again.

"If my mate is in danger then I'll make sure no one touches a hair on his head."

Julie clapped happily and stood up. "Beautiful. You better get going now to ensure he's safe. But remember that he WILL freak out, I garentee it. Also, there is a storm approaching so you should be back here in a couple of hours before the night begins."

Lucas nodded and was out the door in seconds. I looked at Hunter who looked back at me. We both sighed.

What a long day, and it wasn't even lunch time yet.

__________________________

Ok so heres the next chapter. I can't stop myself from putting naughty scenes in -.- Damn sex addicted boys. So 20 comments and 25 votes :) BUT FOR YOUR COMMENT TO COUNT YOU NEED TO ANSWER TWO QUESTIONS:

1) Should the next chapter be Lucas and Jesse?

2) Who would you like the antagonist of this whole story to be: Tyler (Cooper's bully) or Jessica Hunter's stalker slut)?

COMMENT, VOTE, AND SEXY DOMINANT WEREWOLVES <3