Do not disturb~

After Nick and Judy came back from the fall festival, they bidded their goodbyes to the Mr and Mrs before heading back to Zootopia.

They were on the road, currently driving for another three miles before getting to Zootopia. As Judy drove, (because the doctors had told Nick he'd have to wait because of his eye) one thing stayed on her mind. The whole drive was quiet. Silently killing her emotional state.

It's been on her mind ever since they left the Hopps's house. It wasn't noticeable, she made sure of that. But she also made sure that she'd show no signs of concern or worry. Foxes are good at picking up behavior scents. They could tell if something was wrong, just by smelling the air.

Judy had kept what she and her mom talked about, a secret. Only secret because...

"Judes, what's up?" Nick asked suddenly, breaking the deafening silence.

"Oh, nothing." Judy replied as her grip on the steering wheel slightly tightened.

Hear eat slightly twitched at the sound of a sniff. She knew he was trying to read her scent. "Judy, what's wrong?" He said again.

She sighed, squeezing the wheel so hard it made her knuckles turn white. "At the nursery in my parents house...I can't stop thinking about how adorable you looked holding my little sister. It was glued on my mind, your singing, your fatherly protection." She smiled, keeping her eyes on the road.

"So, my mom had talked to me a bit about it and this is going to sound stupid but what did you mean at the end of the lullaby?"

Nick's muzzle darkened and his ears slipped back. "Well...I'm not going to lie to you, Carrots. I want children."

Judy slammed on the breaks in mid traffic, causing the cars being then to honk their horns and speed pass.

"W-well...not like that! Not this early in our relationship, I meant for when we get older!" Nick yelped after sitting back up from almost having a heart attack.

"I know," Judy said, looking down at her paws. "But we are Interspecies. It couldn't work. But when I saw you holding my sister...I could only picture you as the father of my future children. I know it's weird, and you probably won't understand."

Nick looked up at her and placed a paw on hers. "Look, I understand what you mean. But in order for us to-....in order for that to happen, we'd have to settle."

He waited for her reaction but it never came, she just sat there staring at her paws. He sighed "...I'm not ready to settle."

"I know. Me neither. I feel dumb for even bringing that up."

Nick let out a chuckle and held her paws. "You were concerned. It's okay, I am too. But the best thing we can do is wait. We wait for the right moment in life."

Judy nodded and sat up straight, starting the car again. "Alright. Well, let's go home.."

                        XXXX

Nick smirked as he watched Judy try to zip up her suitcase for their hotel trip, apparently she had packed too much stuff and couldn't zip her bag.

"Need help, fluff butt?" He said with a smirk. "No, I'll m-manage." She grunted, hopping on the suitcase and trying to zip it.

The fox rolled his eyes and grabbed the bunny off the suitcase and on to his shoulder. He then pushed the suitcase down and zipped it up before grabbing his in the other paw and leaving the apartment, Judy still clinging to his shoulders.