Kiss Two Kiss

After crying herself to sleep, Judy finally woke up to the annoying sound of what had to be...

"Beep.....Beep...Beep.."

But to her, it sounded more like a thousand chimpanzees screaming for a banana. Yeah...hectic..

"I'm up.." The bunny groaned, sitting up in her bed bed. The events of last night slowly replayed in her head.

She seemed to not even bat an eye at the thunder and rain stuff, but she nearly choked on her spit when she remembered she tricked Nick into believing that a good luck kiss was real. Now that he thinks about it....she definitely feels bad for tricking him and blowing up to him about it in the end. And she cried herself to sleep because she thinks she lost a good friend. Her only friend besides the stuffed fox.

                         XXXX

Judy was ready for work but didn't bother warning Nick since he already knew. She stepped out into the hallway with Nick's neatly folded police uniform in her paw and used the other to knock on the door.

"Nick?" She said but heard nothing.

"Nicholas? We have work!" She raised her voice a little.
Still nothing..

"Nick!"

"C-carrots!" A choked and hoarse voice called from behind the door.

Judy open the door to reveal a rather sick and sweaty looking fox wrapped in a blanket.

"Oh, Nick." Judy cooed, approaching the fox.

Nick shivered and breathed in and out slowly.
Judy placed a paw on his head and gasped. "Nick, you're burning up.."

Nick flashed a small but short smile before turning back to his painful expression. He wasn't able to say anything and his vision was blurry, but he couldn't tell her that.

Nick pulled himself under the blankets as a tear of pain fell down his face.
"Nick, you can't cover up! That'll make it worse!" Judy said as she snatched the blanket from the fox. She saw the tear on his face and how helpless he looked and almost cried.

Nick whimpered softly as he curled into a ball on the bed and wrapped his tail around himself. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't give him back the blanket; even though he was shivering like a cat in winter
"Nick, do you need me to call the clinic?" Judy suggested.
Nick sneezed and slowly nodded.

Judy wasted no time on getting out her phone and quickly dialing the Near To Home Clinic.
She requested for a at home nurse and the lady on the phone gave Judy instructions on how to lower Nick's temperature. Nick, however, did not like that at all.

"Okay, Nick. All you have to do is sit up." Judy said, trying her best to sound encouraging.

Nick growled in response and refused to sit up. He decided to stay curled into a ball.

"Ugh! Niiick!!" Judy whined as she tried pulling the fox up. "You have to get up!"

Judy managed to pull the fox onto his side, which caused him to lay on Judy.
The fox laid his head in her neck, breathing slowly. Judy was shocked at how warm the fox was, yet he felt like he was freezing. She tried to push Nick off of her but he didn't move an inch. "Nick, you have to get up. I don't want your condition to get worse." Judy sighed, brushing his fur on his neck.

"I feel like I'm dead..." Nick said with a muffled groan.

"Well can you get up?" Judy asked him, annoyance rising in her voice.

"I'm gonna die from all this pain..."

"I know it hurts but the only way for you to get better is to let me help you." She cooed in his ear.