Lost Bunny

Chief Bogo had put together four teams of officers to go investigate the crime scene.

He put Nick with officers Grizoli, Fangmeyer and Wolford. As they were driving to the scene, Fangmeyer spoke.

"Nick, aren't you a little worried about Judy. She is your partner." He said as he stopped at a red light.

Nick shrugged and leaned back in his seat. "She probably ran off with that brown bunny of hers."

Wolford, who sat up front with Fangmeyer, turned back to look at Nick. "But you're still worried right?"

"Nope."

Wolford sighed. "Spill it, Wilde."

Nick looked up at the wolf with an eyebrow raised. "Spill what, I have no secrets."

Wolford and Fangmeyer laughed. "Yes you do. Tell us why you and Judy argued? We wanna know."

Grizoli, who sat next to Nick in the back of the cruiser, nudged Nick with his elbow. "Aw, c'mon Nick. What'd ya do to the girl?"

Nick slightly growled and sighed. He told them the whole story, not leaving out any details.
After he was done talking, the whole car was quiet. Nick had a disappointed look on his face, this time no tears, no sorrow, definitely no sobbing, but instead he let out a small laugh. No humor in it, what so ever.

"It's funny how she showed all this affection for me, then go leave me for a shit colored bunny." He said, looking out of the car window.

"Honestly," said Fangmeyer, parking the police cruiser as the ads it to the scene.

"I think you both overreacted." He finished.

Nick shrugged and yawned as he stepped out of the car. "Let's just get this over with."

The four approached the forensic crew, ready to catch up on anything they missed. "So what's up?" Wolford said to a member of the forensics crew.

"Well, there's not much evidence except the black and white fur we found, a mobile phone, someone's ID, and a security footage." The crew member replied.

Wolford sighed. "You said there wasn't much evidence but that sure does explain alot."

Nick zoned out of their conversation and walked to a set of stone steps that was just on the side of the restaurant. He sat down next to a brown bear who was chatting with a black rabbit, silver fox, and a lynx.

Nick sat with a sigh as he rested his elbows on his knees and planted his face in his paws. He felt like screaming, as if it would make him feel any better.

"Everything okay, there?" The black rabbit asked.

Nick lifted his head to look at her. "No..but I'll manage. Thanks for your concern."

At that moment, the silver fox spoke. "Obviously, he's heartbroken. Care to tell us why?"

Nick sat up straight and turned to the group. "I'm not going to tell some random mammals about my life." He remarked, somewhat glaring at the silver fox.

"Well let's not be strangers. I'm Everly, that's Tom, Fort, and Kevin." The black rabbit said, pointing to the silver fox, brown bear, and lynx.

Nick groaned before speaking. "I'm Nick."

"Nice to meet you, so you gonna tell us or keep us waiting.?"

Nick stood up and sat next to the group. "Do you think you could give me advice?"  He asked them.

"Oh, Kevin is good at giving advice." Tom said, pointing to the bear with black aviators with a red cap on his head.

Kevin looked up at Nick and nodded. Though because if his glasses, Nick couldn't see his facial expression.

"I guess I should get to telling you then. Well, me and this girl kinda have a platonic relationship. We're the beat of friends and do everything together. As time moved on we became closer to each other, and I would I have developed feelings for her."

Nick paused as he remembered memories he and Judy shared. He smiled lightly at the thought. "We were like the inseparable duo, nothing could come between us. Until one day, some things were said and feelings were hurt. I wasn't really affected by it at first, but as time moved on, I saw she had moved on. Though we weren't dating, I felt much of my heart break and It.....it hurts soo bad to know she could go love someone else so easily. I've cried, screamed, yelled, even break things, but it didn't help at all. So I decided to man up and through all those feelings in the furnace, they were never gonna mean anything anyway." Nick finished, wiping a small tear from his eye.

Kevin looked up at Nick and somehow, felt what he felt. "Well, Nick, do you love her?" Fort spoke up.

Do I love her?

"I-I.....I think I do." Nick stuttered out, rubbing his face.

"How do you feel about her being missing?" Everly asked.

"I don't care. It's not something that bothers me."

"If someone hurt her, would you protect her?" Tom spoke again.

"Yeah, I have protected her before. But Judy probably doesn't want me around her or to care for her so why waste my time?"

Kevin turned his head to Nick, adjusting his hat on his head. "If you love someone, you want that person to be safe, even if that person doesn't want you to, you're still going care for them because you love them." He said.

Nick nodded, understanding where Kevin was coming from. But something inside of Nick wanted to leave her. He isn't sure if she liked him the way he did and it was really devastating to him.

Nick stood up and turned to the group. "Thanks guys, I'll be sure to pay you back."

"Oh, no worries, Nick. You don't have to pay us back. We just do what we feel will help your situation." Said Everly.

Nick waved goodbye to them and went to join the other officers in investigation. Walking back over there, he noticed a cigar on the concrete pavement. Nick took a plastic bag from the forensic stand and picked the cigar up. It could be evidence, he could test it for DNA.

Nick gave the bag to the other investigators and stayed almost four hours analyzing and calculating the data and evidence the had found. Soon, the came up with with who's DNA was on it.

It showed up to be, Bryson Tyler Savage.

Whoever this was, Nick took an automatic disliking to him. It's like he knew this Bryson dude was up to know good.

And the name Savage, definitely rings bells to him.

Even with the anger built up inside of Nick, there's still somewhere in him where he's focused on finding Judy. This was his top priority..

Finding his bunny..

Kisses Of The Rain..

Lost Judy