➰ch.1➰

( At the café )

( Emily's pov )😂

Simon and I were sitting in a cafe waiting for Clary's return from her interview with Brooklyns Art Academy..

"Simon can you stop tapping your foot on the ground I'm sure Clary will get in." I told him getting irritated at his constant tapping.

"I just really hope she gets in, she's one of the best artist I've meet," Simon tells me with so much emotion laced in his voice and dreamy look in his eyes as he stares off into space.

If I knew any better I would say Simon has a massive crush on his best friend Clary, poor boy...

Suddenly the bell to the café chimes letting everyone know there's a new customer, we face the door to see who it is and spot Clarissa walking towards us with a frown displayed on her face.

"If you keep frowning sweetheart your going to get wrinkle." "Give me the professor's name and I will end them." We both say at the same time, she gave Simon a weird look and I kicked his leg from under the table.

"You know with an email to the Dean." He said trying to correct himself.

"Don't bother." Clary said handing over a form that was in her hands over to a confused looking Simon.

Simon opened the letter to see 'CONGRATULATIONS' written in big bold letters on it.

" Sad face really." I said grinning at my friend. "Well played Fray, well played." Simon said fist bumping her with a proud smile attached to his face as he looks between her and the letter.

"Hey guys I'm gonna head out I'll meet you at your house when Simon comes to get you." I say standing up hugging them both and leaving them sitting there talking about what we will be doing for Clary's birthday.

********
( At the New York Institute. )
(No ones pov:)

"Izzy hurry up." Alec called to his sister, After deciding which wig to wear she leaves her room and turns to her brother.

"Hey there big bro." She calls back walking towards him while fixing the wig that was currently in her hand.

"Really." He asks pointing to the wig that she was putting into her head..

"What can I say demons dig blondes." Izzy says with a big grin plastered on her face.

" Of course they do, but that's white." He tells her walking down stairs.

"Platinum and they don't exactly like Shakespeare, Alec." Izzy tell him as they walked towards the heart of the institute.

"We're ready Jace." The siblings tell the blonde who was looking at the large screen in front of him.

"Nice choice Izzy demons dig blondes." He says smirking at the girl in front of him.

" Ok so for some reason our demon friends are draining mundanes of their blood." He tells them as they head to the weapons room.

"Why, isn't that vamps ground." Alec asked his parabatai as they walk.

"I don't know Alec lazy vamps I guess." Jace answered sarcastically.

"Why, whats so special about mundane blood." Alec asked both of them as he grabbed his bow and quiver from the rack.

"If you get me a sample I'll tell you exactly what so special." Izzy replied as they leave the room and head back to the screen.

"Here's what our target looks like." Jace says and bring up a picture of an old man.

"For now." Izzy says with her grin still on her face.