Reception Pt. 2(Final)

I felt a hand on my shoulder after my fifth dance with Laurance. I turned around to see Dante. "Hey what's up?" I smiled. Laurance wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned over my shoulder.

"I want you to meet someone," Dante smiled.

"Okay," I shrugged.

"Well you already know them I'm sure, it's just been a while."

"Well am I going to meet them or?" I laughed.

"Oh right! Sorry," Dante moved aside, revealing a tall boy with black hair... and terrifyingly cold blue eyes. I felt my heart stop and I think Laurance could feel it too. "It's my brother Gene!"

"Stay away from me," I whispered.

"It's nice to see you again," Gene smiled, holding out his death-for-saken hand. I gulped and extend my shaky hand to his.

The minute his hand was in mine I could feel the coldness of him seeping through my hand. I quickly pulled away, sinking back into Laurance. "Uh... can you just... excuse us?" Laurance smiled.

"Sure," Gene nodded. Laurance helped me walk off the dance floor and we found my mom and Salvana, talking.

"Where's Lilac?" I asked, feeling a little jumpy.

"I think your father has her," mom smiled.

"Where's dad?"

"With Hayden. I think Erik too," mom nodded.

"Thank you," I breathed and ran off to find them with Laurance trailing behind me. We found them sitting in the corner.

I moved over there as swiftly as I could and snatched the baby from my dad's arms. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." I glanced over my shoulder and saw Gene and Dante talking to Aphmau and Aaron. "Nothing at all." I looked down at Lilac.

She seemed fine, so that's good. This party just went from zero to one hundred real quick. I gave the baby back and walked off. "Honey are you okay?" Laurance asked.

"No, I fell like I'm dying in my own skin... IFEELLIKEI'MDYINGINMYOWNSKIN!!!" I shrieked. No one seemed to notice though.

"Calm down, okay?" He asked, kissing my forehead. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Root beer," I sighed.

"You sure?" He asked, looking surprised.

"Hell yeah, just one." I nodded. "I might need to loosen up a bit."

"Okay," he walked off to get me a drink.

"Hey cous!" I spun around and saw Malachi.

"Geez!!! Trying to give me a heart attack?" I laughed.

"Maybe... just a small one," he smiled. I pulled him into a hug.

"So you're married now?" He smiled.

"Yup, and a mom, it's kind of a lot to take in now." I laughed.

"Good gracious!" He laughed.

"Where's Levin... wait he's behind me isn't he?" I smiled.

"Darn it! You caught me!" I heard behind me. I turned around, smiling.

"Aww, look at my little cousin and his failed attempts to kill me on my wedding day!" I laughed.

"Did I just hear that's someone's trying to kill you?" Laurance asked, handing me my drink. I took a sip.

"Joking," I smiled.