Erza stood to her feet to look at Mira with a questioningly look. "Lucy tried to do it, twice. How can you be so sure?"

Mira shook her head. "From what you had told me, that's what I believe."

...

The first thing Lucy expected was to see her mother again, not a boring ceiling. The first thing Lucy expected was to see whites, not dull colors. The first thing Lucy expected was to be happy, not depressed.

And Lucy knew why. She was too tired and weak to be really angry. But she was disappointed. She was disappointed to be even be here. She felt helpless and frustrated.

"Lucy."

It took Lucy a couple of seconds to register that someone was talking to her. Slowly, she turned to see Erza sitting on a chair with her arms crossed. And she looked angry.

Lucy stared at her with a deadpanned and emotionless look, not caring if the redhead was mad or not.

Erza took a deep breath, realizing that Lucy was now awake and had her attention. She had many questions. She wanted to ask them, but that'll wait. She needed to make sure Lucy was okay.

"Are you okay?" Erza finally spoke.

Lucy responded by looking away, opting to stare at the ceiling instead, remaining unvocal.

Gritting her teeth in frustration, she took a deep breath to calm her anger. "Lucy. Tell me. How are you feeling?" She repeated impatiently.

"I'm alive." Lucy responded halfheartedly.

Erza held herself back from spitting back a remark to that response. "Yes. Is there anything you would like to say?"

Lucy stared at the ceiling for a moment before turning to look back at Erza again. "I have nothing to say to you."

Erza sighed. "So you are going to say that again? Well, you going have to tell me. What was your relationship with your father?"

After Erza had asked that, she could see all colors disappearing from Lucy's face as she paled. She waited a few moment for Lucy to answer. But Lucy remained unvocal, turning back to stare at the ceiling.

"Lucy. You need to tell me, what was your relationship with your father?" Erza repeated.

"Our relationship is a relationship that should've never existed." Lucy finally responded with distaste and venom.

"What do you mean by that?" Inquired of Erza.

"There is nothing else to say."

Erza rubbed her temples with a deep sigh. "Lucy. You will tell me. What did he do to you?"

Lucy stared off into the distance, past the ceiling, into everlasting darkness as she was asked that question. The question that Lucy had been avoiding for years. The question that had plagued her mind.

Bits and pieces of a reluctant forgotten memory made it way to Lucy's mind. When it had all started. When Lucy's life turned upside down.

Her mother's grave.

Her father's angry face.

Blood.

Cuts and screams.

The agony.

The despair.

The betrayal and the forgotten.

Subconsciously, tears had threatened to spill out and streamed down her cheeks. Lucy begun to cry, covering her face with her uninjured arm, and cried an unwanted tears of anger and pain.