Chapter 4

A/N: Hullo!

TRIGGER WARNING: Another attempt of suicide! You've been warned!

Please enjoy? 😢

Erza walked through the dark, empty guild, past the curious members that situated themselves outside of the infirmary. She ordered them to not eavesdrop on them, or they will be punished. They easily complied with a trembling nod and took a big step backward. Erza wanted to speak to Lucy alone, fearing that her conviction may be real. The last thing she needed was the members screaming at Lucy for reasons why she had done it.

When she opened the door, she saw Lucy sitting up, her bangs shadowing her eyes. And Erza could feel an angry aura...she could feel how angry Lucy was. Why was Lucy so angry?

She gently closed the door and faced Lucy. "Lucy?" Erza called out with a gentle tone.

"..." Lucy did not move, she only frowned more and trembled slightly.

Erza stepped closer to her, noticing how she was trembling. Was she trembling from anger or from her health? Erza couldn't decide on which it was.

"Lucy." Erza called out again with her authority voice.

Lucy turned her head away, away from Erza, clearly not wanting to talk. She clenched her fist around the blanket that covered her.

Erza gritted her teeth in frustration of not getting any response. "Okay. I'm going to talk, and you can listen."

"..."

Erza sighed and begun to talk. "Today, you never came to the guild, so the rest of the team decided to check up on you...only to find you in the bathtub. You almost died."

"..."

Erza waited for a few moment before speaking again. "You were out for an entire day. Right now, it's night time. And we have a lot of questions for you."

Erza waited for a few moment, studying Lucy's behavior and actions before speaking again. "My one question that I want to ask you is...Did...you try to kill yourself?"

To this, Lucy responded by lifting her head to look at Erza in the eyes. Erza observed that Lucy's eyes were void of light, it was dim, it was distant, and there was some emotions that Erza was not familiar with.

"And my one question for you is...why did you save me?" Lucy glared unemotionally at Erza.

Erza's eyes widen a bit when she had said that.

Lucy lowered her head and let her bangs cover her eyes. "I have nothing to say to you."

"...You don't mean that...please tell me you don't mean that." Erza pleaded that she was only dreaming, that Lucy really didn't try to kill herself.

But it was real. Lucy really did try to kill herself. She tried to kill herself. But why?

"Lucy...please tell me...why did you do it?" Erza trembled, only on the inside. She couldn't show weakness in front of her broken friend.

Lucy turned her head away, indicating that she did not want to talk.

Erza gritted her teeth harder. "Lucy. Tell me. Now. I want to help you." It was an order. Erza was desperate. She didn't want to lose Lucy. Her family.

"..."

"Lucy. I'm your friend. Your family. Please let me help you." Erza started slowly,  walking closer to Lucy.

"You're not a friend. I never considered any of you a friend." Lucy said, with venom in them.

Erza paused, with wide eyes. Was she deaf? She hoped she had heard wrong. She stared at the blonde who was still looking away, eyes still shadowed by her bangs.