Chapter 5

A/N: Hullo!

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of abuse and the like. You've been warned

Please enjoy? 😢

Erza had Wendy and Carla temporarily watch Lucy as she goes and find Mira. She needed to talk to someone, something about what she had discovered. She was afraid, she was hysterical, and she was hesitant.

Erza knocked on the door , quite loudly as she was desperate to talk to someone, and waited until the door opened, revealing sleepy silver-haired girl looking back at her with drowsy eyes.

"Erza? What do you want? I was sleeping." Mira whined, rubbing her eyes.

"It's about Lucy." Erza said, cutting right to the chase.

Mira was alert now as she looked back at Erza with concerned eyes. "What happened?"

Erza sighed. "Can I come in though?"

"Ok. But how's Lucy?' Mira asked, moving aside to let Erza in.

"Wendy's watching her right now. She'll be fine. But I...discovered something."

Mira nodded, anxious to hear more.

"But first, I'll start from the beginning."

Mira was silent, waiting for Erza to continue.

"After ya'll had left, the remaining mages that had stayed left for like...10 minutes, I think, and when we came back, Lucy was in the kitchen, and she had cut herself again."

Mira gasped, covering her mouth with her hand.

"She was covered in blood, so I took her to my place to clean her up. That's where the problem arose." Erza stared at the floor. "She was...riddled with scars. There was some fresh ones, mostly on her stomach."

"That's horrible..."

Erza sighed, looking back up at Mira. "I know for a fact that Lucy had a bad past. But she would never share it. She would always be quiet about it."

"Well, we only know that her father had kept his distance from her. And tried to force her to a marriage that she does not want."

Erza shook her head and crossed her arms as she leaned against a wall. "I feel like it does deeper than this. I feel like there's more to her relationship with her father."

"Care to elaborate?"

"It's just a feeling. When I spoke to her father couple nights ago, I was sensing some extreme guilt from him. But I couldn't really pin point on what. And I still don't know. I think Lucy trying to kill herself and her relationship with her father is connected."

"Did Lucy really try to kill herself?" Mira asked.

Erza sighed deeply and sunk down to the floor in defeat. "I don't know anymore, Mira. I asked her that and she responded with a question. She asked me why we saved her. She seemed so...confused."

"What else did she say?" Mira asked, kneeling next to Erza.

Erza shook her head in denial. "Lucy...she doesn't see any of us as her friend. That what made me so mad. I was confused when she had said that. I was hurt. And...I wondered why she had said that."

"Erza." Mira called out, forcing Erza to turn to Mira. "If Lucy really wanted to kill herself, then she would've done it already by stabbing herself in the stomach or slicing her throat."

"What are you trying to say?"

Mira stood back up, looking down on Erza with sadness. "I'm not really sure, Erza. But I don't think Lucy really wants to kill herself."