Chapter 2: Dreams

Stiles POV

Why was Derek being nice? That was NOT like him. He was the dark brooding werewolf. Is the dark brooding werewolf.

What happened? Is it because I was bit and he knows I won't make it? Does he think I'm that weak? He probably does. He thinks I'm just some fragile human.

Well I'm not. I might die today. Or tomorrow. Or maybe not for awhile. But I'm not weak.

It was awkward with his hand on mine so I finally pulled it away. I give him a weird look but he looks away.

"Well I know this is fun and all but I am tired. I need sleep." I chuckle a little to lighten the mood. Everyone looked sad.

They must all think I'm weak.

They all walk out, Derek last. When his first foot is out the door I say, "Wait."

He turns around and slowly meets my eyes. "What? Do you need something?"

"Can you stay? I would ask my dad but then he'd get worried, Scott would too." I awkwardly look at my hands.

"Um ya I guess Stiles. Are you okay though? I mean I worry about you too." I look up at him. He worries about me?

"Oh um I'm fine." I scratch my head, "it's just what if the alpha comes back to 'finish the job'."

"I'll stay." Derek moves to my left side and sits on the couch. Minutes later I dose off. Feeling safer than I have in awhile.

...

"Let go of him." I yell as the monster grabs Scott. I was tied with chains. Helpless while my friends died.

"LET GO OF HER!" The giant monster grabbed Lydia by her arm and torn her to pieces like it did to Scott. My best friends dead.

Liam then came running in with Malia and Kira right behind him.

The monster charged at then, full speed. They were dead before I could say anything.

Everything was hopeless. Everyone was dead. Piles and piles of dead bodies were around me. I recognized each and everyone of them. My friends. My family. Everyone.

I was sobbing and the monster came closer. It was in shadows when it turned into a man.

"Wh-Who are y-you?" My voice cracks mid sentence.

"Stiles. Stiles wake up. WAKE UP!" The figure walked into the light.

Derek.

...

I wake up screaming. My face stained with tears. Derek was shaking me. Worry in his expression.

"I-I don't k-know what happened. I'm s-sorry." I shiver from the nightmare.

"It felt so real." I cry out. I've been having these terrible nightmares for the past couple months.

"Stiles what's wrong? You're crying. Are you okay?" I nod slowly but then viciously shake my head no and start crying again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I whisper into the sobs.

Derek takes me into his arms and hugs me, "it's okay Stiles. You're okay. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you." I nod into his shoulder and he must of felt it cause he pulled away.

He looked very tired and alarmed. "Sorry." I whisper again.

"It's fine Stiles. Do you wanna talk about it?" His words are soft.

"I don't know. Everything was so scary"