Chapter 3: Monsters

Derek POV

"What do you mean?" Stiles' hands were shaking.

"I-I don't know. The-the monster, it killed everyone. I saw every dead body around me except yours." He shivers.

"Why not me?" I was confused. Why wouldn't I be dead in his dream when everyone else was?

"You-you were the monster." Now I definitely was confused.

"Why would I be the monster in your dream?" I thought out loud.

"I don't know. You only told me to wake up." I remember having to wake him up. He was crying and I was shaking him yelling for him to wake up.

"Are you okay Stiles? It was only a dream."

"No it's not. I've been having this dream for months and all of a sudden you're in it too. As the monster." Stiles looks me straight in the eyes.

"You've been having this dream? Why haven't you told us?" I yell quietly.

"Oh so I'm supposed to tell you when ever I have a bad dream now too."

"Yes if it's one you have often, that might actually mean something!" I hiss.

"Sorry man okay. I didn't think it was a big deal." Stiles looked sad.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I feel sick. Like I'm gonna puke." He covers his mouth, "hurry hand me the trash can!"

I get it and hand it to him. He starts to throw up. I was shocked to see that it was black.

He wasn't gonna make it.

...

After a few hours I knew for sure he wasn't gonna make it. He was throwing up constantly. He was weak and cold.

I could smell death on him. So did everyone that came in. They all said their goodbyes, then Stiles made them go.

He kept me here tho. To 'end' him if it gets too bad. And it will.

"Please Derek. Please." Stiles could barely keep his eyes open.

"Stiles I can't." He opened his eyes with shock and pain.

"What. You said you would." He cries.

"Stiles I can't do it. I can't kill another person I care about." The words slipped out of my lips.

"You care about me? I still will never believe that." He chuckles a little.

"Stiles it will be alright. I'm here for you. I'll take away some of your pain." I gently place my hand on his, but he pulls away.

"I can't let you."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't want anyone else to have to feel this." He sighs. I could smell the pain and fear. It stunk.

I hated seeing Stiles like this. In pain. I wanted to take all the bad things away. But I couldn't.

"I'm sorry Stiles."

"For what?"

"Not being there to save you."

"It's fine sour wolf. I'm okay."

I chuckle, "No you aren't. You're in pain."

"I'm fine." He says firmly.

"Well do you need me to get you anything?" He didn't answer.

"Stiles. Do you need anything." Still no answer. I turn towards him. He was still. His eyes open but lifeless.

"Stiles!" I run to his side. He wasn't breathing. I start to shake him.

"Please wake up. Please Stiles. I'll go crazy without you. Please." I start crying. I haven't cried in ages.

"I'm sorry Stiles. I'm so so sorry." I place my face in his chest.

His heart wasn't beeping. The machine that was attached to him let out a long beep.

Stiles was dead.