Chapter 25: Love Hurts When It Falls

Derek POV

It's been weeks since Stiles' death. I still feel empty inside, but I also feel like he is watching over me.

Sometimes I feel like I can hear his voice, but I know it's just my grief. Messing with me like some cruel trick. Making me turn when I hear his voice but never seeing him.

God I miss him. So damn much. I always feel cold. I've started wearing my leather jacket again.

Damn I'm always cold. So fucking cold. I miss his body heat. He was so warm. I could fall asleep in his arms.

Love hurts. Fuck. Me. Fuck. Stiles. Fuck.

I picture his lips against mine once more as I walk into the small room in a certain vet's office.

"Derek are you okay?" Deaten asks placing a hand on my shoulder. I pull away.

"I'm perfect." I whisper hiding my emotions.

"You can talk to us Derek. We know what you are going through. We lost him too." Isaac says wiping a tear from his cheek.

Isaac. He took Stiles death pretty hard too. Stopped wearing scarfs. Even when it was cold.

I know it's stupid but everyone had their own things. Isaac stopped wearing scarfs, Lydia didn't wear makeup for the longest time, Scott shut himself off, Kira too, Malia turned back into a coyote, and I didn't show any sign that I was sad.

I couldn't. It would hurt too much. It already does.

"Well moving on," Deaten continues, "it's about Stiles death."

I literally think everyone stopped breathing when he said that. "Wh-what about his de-death?" I croak.

"I know this is hard to hear, but the poison that the man gave him, it was a certain type of poison."

"What type?" Scott says angrily at the mention of the man.

"It's called Venenum e corpore-" Deaten was cut off by Lydia.

"Out of body poison. It's latin." Lydia sighs. "What does it matter?"

"Venenum e corpore does mean out of body poison, but do you know why?" Deaten asks with his know it all face.

"What does it mean Deaten." I demand.

He sighs, "Stiles isn't dead."

Everyone gasps. "Ho-how?" Scott asks.

"Well technically he is, but the poison was designed to keep him in the middle stage of death." Deaten elaborates.

"How?" Liam asks.

"I don't know that yet but I have been studying this poison for awhile. Stiles should be attached to something or someone that is keeping him here. My guess is it's someone." Everyone looks at me. I glare and they turn away.

"Is he here now?" I ask desperately.

"If he is attached to one of you, then yes. But you all will never be able to see him unless he can make himself visible. That would take time." Deaten looks around then picks up a jar full of mistletoe.

"What are you doing?" Scott shouts backing away.

"Everyone move aside. As for Stiles, if you are here then please move to the door. Hopefully this will show you but I have never come across a ghost." Deaten opens the jar and flicks the contents at the door.

For a split second I could see the outline of a person. Of Stiles.

"Stiles. My god." I whisper. No werewolf could even hear me.

I even thought I heard him say my name. "Derek." Not Stiles. Deaten.

"What?" I ask, tears making their way down my cheeks.

"He's attached to you." He says looking to where Stiles stood.

"How do we get him back?" I whisper.

"I'm not sure if we can. I can do some more research but I may not find anything." Deaten replies.

.....

I slowly make my way up the hundreds of stairs to my loft. Stiles is here.

Once I get to my room I close the door. "Stiles? Are you here?" I ask the emptiness.

Nothing. "Stiles please." Still nothing.

I sigh and get in bed. Pulling the covers up to my face.

"Stiles I love you." I whisper to nothing.

Suddenly the shower is turned on in my bathroom. "Is someone there?" I yell.

I quickly get up and run to the bathroom. Steam filled the room. I turn the shower off. That's when I noticed it.

The mirror. The blurry mirror had four words written on it.

Love you too DerBear

Stiles.

Okay I'm gonna try to update more often, sorry that I don't have like a schedule or anything. I just write randomly so if it ever takes me too long, you can direct message me to HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!

Love you all! Bye!