Chapter 51

Chapter 51 :)

Laura's POV

"Masquerade ball?" I asked. "Yup, masquerade ball," Rydel repeated with a huge grin on her face. Masquerade ball... Masquerade ball...

"Hey, Laura, want to be my date for the school prom?" Matthew Williams, a jock, asked me before class on a week before the event. He was my crush for the longest time, so I immediately agrred. "Great, I'll pick you up at 8?" he smiled at me. "Sure," I say just as the teacher walks into the class and Matthew has to go back to his seat, that smile not leaving his face, If only I knew what that smile meant.

The theme of the prom was a masquerade ball, so every student attending was required to at least bring a mask.

Matthew did come pick me up from my home at 8 and he acted like a total gentleman. Opened doors, pushed out the seats for me to sit on, offering to get me fruit punch. But the best part? Dancing with him.

It was a slow song, his hands on my waist, my heart beating at the speed of lightining. Then, out of the blue, he cupped my face with his hand, like the way the guy does when he's about to kiss a girl in those chick flicks.

He's face was a few inches from mine and my eyes fluttered close.I didn't notice the crowd forming around us. I felt his hot breath against my lips. This was it.

But....

He pulled away, snickering. The clicks of cameras could be heard, the laughter of others could be heard.

It was all just a huge prank to humiliate the dorkiest girl in school.

---

"I can't," I say in a hoarse whisper and run up to my room, locking the door, hiding myself inside of the closet, hiding from the humiliation,

---

Ross' POV

"I can't," she says and runs up. What's up? Looks like she got a flashback from her past. "Go, Ross, she needs you," Rydel said. Without second thought, I ran up to Laura's room. I wasn't surprised that it was locked. I knocked a coouple of times but she didn't answer. "Laur, it's Ross. Open the door, please, babe."

"Go away!"

It sounded like she was crying. I'm gonna guess that something bad triggered in her mind when Rydel said masquerade ball. "Please?" I knocked again. I could hear giggles before she said, "I'm glad I can't see you because I know you're doing your famous puppy eyes." It's funny because it's true.

"And as adorable as that, it doesn't work on me, I know you too well," she continued, "Open the door, please, so you can see how adorable I am," I said, emphasising 'adorable'. I heard more giggles and the door unlocking. She was crying.

"Yeah, you're really adorable."

"So, Laur, wanna tell me what happened back there?" I asked. We were now laying on the bed, cuddling. (A/N- TELL ME HOW ADORABLE THIS IS OMF asdfghjkl).

She told me about her high school prom and how almost everyone pranked her on that day. "If I was there, I would've beat the shit out of that dude." I looked at Laur but her eyes were shut, slightly snoring. But it seems like she was talking in her sleep.

And her words really weirded me out.

"You remind me of a blonde boy I met when I was kid. He looks a lot like you."

---

Sarah's POV

"Sarah, Mum's been calling you for the past 15 minutes. Stop reading those Raura fanfictions of yours and come down," my sister, Anna complained. Can't they help that I was a growing 16 year old? I flipped my long brown hair with carmel tips and trudged my way downstairs. Mum was sitting on the couch, reading a novel.