Chapter 23

Chapter 23 :)

A/N- This chapter is dedicated to all you readers cuz this fanfic has just reached 1k reads! Thanks, guys! You all are really rossome. :D

I knew that I couldn't swim. But I had to save Ross, like he did a few years back when I almost drowned when he taught me how to surf. I'm repaying that debt.

"Can I borrow this? Thanks!" I snatched a board from a dude in a wetsuit. "Uhh," I heard him say but I had already run off. "Laur, what are you doing? You can't swim!" Rydel exclaimed as I took off my shoes. 

"This is something I have to do," and with that, I used the surfboard as a float and floated to where I last saw Ross. I took a deep breath.

And I went into the water. This part of the sea was really deep, my feet couldn't reach the bottom. But I paddled on down and down till I saw Ross.

He was unconscious and I was running out of air. I had hit my back against jagged rocks and my bag hurt like hell. I grabbed him by his shoulders and pushed myself to go up.

I was dizzy when I reached the surface. Ross was heavy. I pushed him to the surfboard before plopping myself on the surfboard. 

My back hurts, my head hurts, I'm super dizzy, my breath is shortening. 

Then... 

I blacked out. 

-

Vanessa's POV 

Did I just see my sister, my ONLY sister go to the waters to save someone who broke her heart? Yep, I did. 

"LIFEGUARD! LIFEGUARD DUDE! HELP! MY SISTER AND HER BOYFRIEND!" I shouted at the lifeguard then pointing to the sea. 

He used a motorboat to get there. 

A few minutes, which seemed like minutes, he came back with Ross and Laura, both unconscious. But Laura was in a way worse condition, her back was bleeding. 

"Call a damn ambulance!" Rydel and I shouted at the boys in unison. They were panicking, running all over the place, screaming and shouting. 

Then Riker finally came to his senses and called an ambulance. Thank God.

-

Ross' POV

I woke up, lying on a hospital bed. What happened? My head hurts. 

Then I remembered the surfing competition. That's what happened.

The door opened and in came Mum, Dad, Riker, Vanessa, Rydel, Ratliff, Rocky, Ryland, Raini and Calum. Wait, Mum, Dad, Riker, Vanessa, Rydel, Ratliff, Rocky, Ryland, Raini and Calum? Laura? Where's Laura. "Guys, where's Laura?" I asked weakly. 

They looked sad when I asked this question. 

"Uhh, Laura?" Riker repeated my question nervously. "Where is she?" I asked, more firmly. "Tell him, Riker," Rydel patted him on the shoulder. 

"Laura... She's in the hospital too," he replied. I was in so much shock, I felt like I could pass out again. "What happened to her?" I asked quietly. 

I am not going to re-enact what happened last time. 

"She almost drowned trying to save you, Ross. She risked her life for you."

-

A/N- THANKS GUYS FOR THE 1K READS. :) 

STAY ABSOULUTELY ROSSOME,

MARIANNE THE HYPER <3

BTW, IM REALLY HYPER RIGHT NOW!