Chapter 48

Chapter 48 :)

"What are you doing?" a voice asked from behind. Oh shit. "Nothing," I stuttered before laughing nervously. "Good night," I said, walking out. When I was out of sight and absolutely sure that Luke couldn't see me, I ran to my room and locked the door. I had to get out of here.

What happened for the past 3 to 4 years? Back at home, I knew Luke and his family. They weren't criminals, they weren't bad people. I guess people change.

I hid in the closet - hey, that was the only place Where I could hide - and called the only person who would be there even if he was a jerk for the past few days.

Ross.

Ross: Hello?

I guess he didn't check the caller I.D.

Laura: Ross!

Ross: Laura? Where are you? Everyone's worried about you!

Laura: Well, if certain stuff didn't happen the previous night, none of this would have happened. But screw everything that happened last night. I need your help.

Ross: I'll be there for you.

That made me blush and made my heart flutter.

Laura: Remember the pizzeria murder?

Ross: Yes, what about it?

Laura: I'm at his son's house right now. The murderer's son is Luke.

Ross: That son of a bitch! Where are you? I'm coming, screw this house arrest.

Laura: *tells him the address* Hurry, he just found out that I know about it, he caught me sneaking around!

Ross: Don't hang up. Even if he gets to you, put it somewhere he wouldn't find it. I'll be able to listen to surrounding voices. Hey, I sound like a spy!

Laura: Ross, this is not the time to show immature at it's finest.

Ross: I'm coming for you.

And everything was silent once again...

---

Ross' POV

I put the phone in my pocket. Good thing I charged it. I opened the window, letting the cool breeze into my room. And I climbed out.

I was trying to be careful, trying not to make a sound that Rocky or Ryland would be able to hear. I reached the ground and ran to get a taxi.

I told the taxi driver the address and told him to speed up.

I hope everything would turn out to be okay...

---

Vanessa's POV

"Guys, it's almost midnight. We should get some rest, let's continue tomorrow. For all we know, she's at home already. There's a 80 percent chance that Rocky and Ryland are asleep," said Rydel. We all agreed and walked back home.

I'm really tired.

When we reached home, both Rocky and Ryland were dead asleep on the couch. Rydel was right. Well, it is midnight.

Time to check on Ross. When Rydel and I reached his room, we both gasped in shock in unison.

Ross was gone. The window was wide open. I knew something like this was gonna happen.

---

Luke's POV

That was weird. She probably went to the toilet, considering that her room doesn't have a toilet and the only other place she knows that has a toilet is here.