Chapter Six

Maven made me eat lunch with him. for an hour I sat on his right and took small nibbles of my food, never looking up at him. When I arrive back to my room it is completely transformed. There is no more silentstone. I can feel the electricity in the room. It's in my veins. In my blood. I make sparks come out of my hands. I play with it, sending shots across the room. I make lighting balls and throw them. Some parts of the new walls are now black, but I don't care.

I look around. Why would Maven let me have my ability back? Why not keep me locked up? I could leave right now and never come back. I could...

That's why. Maven wants to see if I'll stay. He wants to know if I'm playing him. There must be some sort of trap beyond this. Something bigger than what I can come up with. Maybe this is part of my due to pay.

As I'm thinking of what's worth more, Evangeline walks in my room. She's decked out in metal. Her bracelets are metal spikes, her deep purple dress has metal plates, and her boots are covered in metal buckles. She better be in a good mood.

"Mare." She greets, snotty as always.

"Evangeline." I copy her tone.

She rolls her eyes. "I see Maven allowed you to have your lightning, little lightning girl. But do you know why? It's time for a face off sweetheart. You're going back to the Bowl of Bones." She smirks.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I can't. I won't. I'll beg.

But as I cower, I see Shade. I see Bree. I see hundreds of others that are dead because of me. So I can do this. For them.

"Let's go."

We arrive at the Bowl of Bones. I cannot express my fear. But I contain it. Maven is sitting in his royal chair, ready to watch, wearing his crown. He nods to me. I glare back at him.

He is still a monster.

I look around and all I see is Silver. Everywhere I look I see them. I am the only Red. The stands are full and the crowds are loud. Some cheer for me, others curse me. There's shouts of praise and screams of hate. They all get mixed in my head.

Who will I face?

I stand alone in the arena. Then, with a loud bang, the doors open. Out walks a small child. My gaze snaps to Maven. I shake my head, disbelief fills me. He wouldn't. But he did. I will have to kill this young child or die. I look at Maven again. I shake my head a second time and shrug my shoulders. Then I sit on the ground, ready for death.

Maven quickly stands up and grabs a microphone. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Mare Barrow is not going to kill this child. She is going to protect him." He pauses as three other doors open and out steps Evangeline, and two others. They are powerful, and they hate me.

I stand up, ready to defend. Maven announces the start... And the game begins.

Hey! So for all you Cal lovers out there, here you go. And for those Maven lovers that are there too, he isn't a complete monster. :)