Chapter 29

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO:
Fluffeinstein and Confused_Skittles_xx

There will be two guest couples in this chapter.

1. Alpha Daxton and Scarlett from Checkmate, Darling.

2. Hell and Rowan from Hell.

Enjoyyyyy!
P.S. This chapter is long af so please vote! :)

🎀✨🎀✨🎀✨🎀✨🎀✨🎀

I opened my eyes to only see darkness once again. Ah, I'm in jail. I chuckled and got up while dusting my clothes. There was a small window through which I could see the sky.

It seemed like early morning. My ripped jeans were covered with dust and the shirt will finally get to be thrown for washing. "New to jail huh? It won't be so fascinating after a while!" Someone called out.

I jumped around but there was no one. "I'm in the next cell," the voice said. It was too dark to see but I knew that it was a girl. Finding no point in having a conversation, I made my way to the cell door and tried to open it with my magic but it remained locked.

"What are you in jail for?" She asked after a while. I sighed and slumped against the door. "For trying to find a murderer," I chuckled bitterly. She laughed and shook her head. "When you do something, keep it as a secret. You can't trust anyone in the castle," she spoke.

I nodded and looked away. Maybe that's what I should do. Stop relying on others and help myself instead. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Attempt to murder," she said. I moved as far away from her as possible. We may be separated from each other but that doesn't make me feel any safer.

"Hey, I'm not a complete psychopath," she warned. I rolled my eyes in the darkness and muttered a sure. "My sister was planning something when I walked in on her. She thought I overheard something so she attacked me. I attacked her too. Just self defence, you know?" She chuckled.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Why can't anyone in this werewolf kingdom be normal? "What's her name?" I asked. At that moment a loud bang was heard as palace guards came rushing down. "Her name was Imani. The guards are coming for you now keep quiet!" She whispered.

My heart skipped a beat. Imani? My maiden? "Wh-" I asked but she cut me off and turned her back towards me. "Shut up!" she whisper yelled. The guards pulled open the cell door harshly and dragged me out. What's happening?

I was yanked away from them and pushed into a rock hard chess. I pulled away and looked at the person in surprise. Adrian. He looked at me in sympathy and glared at the guards before offering me his hand. I took it as he led us out of the basement. "What were you doing down there?" He asked.

I gulped and laughed nervously. "The guard caught me roaming around," I lied. He nodded his head and then looked at me. "Cara, I want to apologise for my behaviour. I haven't been given a lot of love so I don't know how to treat you. Please pardon me," he spoke softly while caressing my cheek. I smiled and nodded at him. "Of course, Adrian. I want to freshen up now. See you around," I said. After we both went our own way, I walked towards my room.

Damn, hot showers are the best. I put on denim shorts and a white t-shirt and slipped into my unicorn slippers. Screw the whole I'm a boss as bitch façade for today. Today I'm just a regular girl wearing regular clothes. I walked into the kitchen and saw the head chef preparing some cookies. She offered me some which I gladly accepted. "Where's everyone?" I asked.