Chapter 18

What did she expect me to do when I went through her memories? Dance?! Ezekiel and I made mistake that we both regret and I'm not saying that I'm good but at least I didn't cross the line.

We swore on her that we'd never tell our mates about our past with a certain person bitch. He went and told my mate and now she thinks I'm the bad guy. Hey I'm not the one that murdered a bunch of kids cause they made fun of my hairstyle. Oh wait, that was my brother. In his defence, they were pretty harsh. They said his hair looked like a bird's nest. And it did.

The alarm rang signalling a possible threat. I grabbed Milan's hand and took her to the hall where everyone else had gathered. "We must leave" Father said. He kissed Emily on the forehead and left. Ethan and Asher smiled at all of them and ran out. Everyone looked at me expecting me to kiss my mate and go but the moment I took one step closer to her, she backed away. I sighed and walked out.

Once we reached the place where the bodies were found we stood still. My blood ran cold as I stared at the bodies. They were found in the Crystal lake near the servant's quarter. There were two bodies. One male and one female. Their eyes wide open and their limbs, dismembered.

"Alpha, these humans were found by the palace guards today morning." Malachi said. "Their blood was drained completely and uh their skulls were drilled into. I have a gut feeling that this won't be the last attack, Sire" he gulped. I looked at him and glared. He immediately straightened up and cleared his throat.

Ethan came up to me and sighed. "These bodies may be of humans but this attack means fucking war. The trackers are already working on tracing any sort of clues. There is no scent at all." Asher looked away as the bodies were being taken away for further inspection.

"I promise you that I'll do everything in my power to find the criminal and bring justice to our friends who have been killed." I spoke in my Alpha tone. "As Alpha King, I command all of you to remain calm and keep the news and details to yourselves." Nodding at some of the pack members I looked at a few warriors who were puking.

"Get up! These are bodies. As warriors you must prepare yourselves for dismemberment. This is life. People die in brutal ways. Get over it and get to work. Now!" They immediately scurried away. Sudden flashes entered my mind.

Milan.

It was lightning and thundering. The lady kept standing out in the rain and staring as her hair flew around. Milan closed her eyes and when she opened them, she was in front of her. "ELLIOT I NEED YOU!" She cried out in fear.

"ALERT THE WARRIORS AND THE PACK DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY! Your Queen is in trouble" I growled. I ripped the branches of trees apart as I ran through the forest. How could I just leave her alone? Imani is fucking my brains.

I shifted into my demonic black wolf and ran through the forest in a blur. My warriors followed me as well. I promise you mate, if something happens to you, I'll set the world on fire. 

As I raced through the dense forest bits and pieces flooded into my mind. Ezekiel? He removed the knife from her stomach making her scream bloody murder. Her pain flooded my mind making me see red. That bastard will pay. I'm going to kill him.

Summon Isla. Right now. I mind linked Ethan.

Yes, Your Majesty. He said. They know when to show respect.

As the rain poured down onto my fur I growled in pain. Her pain was being transferred to me. I could take all her pain just to see her eyes open. I reached the forest and saw him holding my mate in his arms while trying to cover up her wound.