Chapter 1

"Mom! Alistair! I'm home!" I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room. Plopping down on the bed, I removed my phone to check my messages.

I know, I know, I checked my messages half an hour ago. Alright! 10 minutes ago but you never know what can happen in those 10 minutes. Someone can confess their feelings for me. Psht, just kidding. I hate everyone and vice versa. Or maybe someone can say that I look fat in my dp..

Yeah thats it.

"Milan Phoenix Chandler!!! Where are your manners young lady?! I'm opening this door of yours right now" Mom yelled from the other side of the door.

FML.

"Mom, I'm naked right now. Sure if you want to see my shaved vagina you can enter right now and take a look!" I held back a laugh and heard mom gasp from outside. She was always the type of woman who believed in religion. Our religion is a little different though. We worship Luna commonly referred to as the moon goddess. I don't know much but Luna Ma has always been there for me even though I cant see her. There aren't many moon worshippers in our area so we chose to keep our belief a secret. Mom says its for our safety but nevertheless I have questions that no one has answers to.

"I-I'll be waiting down. But come soon!" she called out and then rushed down the stairs hurriedly.  Aww, you must be wondering whether I'm always so direct. Well yeah I hate beating around the bush so I get to the point immediately.

Sighing, I stripped and entered my bathroom. Letting the warm water cleanse me, a started humming Shower by Becky G in my mind and smiled. She seemed happy singing the song. I mean, who can probably make a person so happy?

A soulmate. An inner voice chides. Dafuq. "Who the hell is that?" I shrieked and immediately covered myself with the fluffy pink towel. The person seen me naked.Ew thats just horrid.

"Whoever you are, let me warn you..t-this bear is holy! A priest gifted it to me. Jesus lives in it!" I whispered while clutching the teddy bear close to my body and walking around the room. Probably not the best thing to do with so many shoes lying around.

Yes, I fell.

Now what can I say, even the floor is attracted to me. I'm just that irresistible, y'know? Changing into grey sweatpants with one of my loose navy blue long t-shirts I slipped on some fluffy socks and walked down gracefully..just kidding I ran down like a horse.

"Woah, you just beat your record" Alistair winked making my mother groan. Alistair, is my moms only boyfriend since dad passed away. We actually hated each other at the start but in time we bonded over moms horrible meat loaf. Trust me, its disgusting.

"Thanks,Al" I gave him a high-five and patted moms cheek slightly. "Take a chill pill,woman. Blood pressure problems and all will increase even more" I snorted. Al muffled his laugh behind his hands and pretended to be praying.

So well,thats my family. My quirky and awesome family. We may not all be related by blood but what is blood to do with who we love? Its the bond that matters.

So you've already met my mom. Dark brown shoulder length hair, hazel eyes a few freckles here and there, a small button nose and a killer smile :)

Alistair on the other hand has brown eyes, sandy blonde hair, a stubble and well he's quite handsome. (No I don't crush over him)

And then, the best for the last...Me! Brown hair, olive green eyes, pale skin and a clear complexion. Not to brag but I'm really pretty. You can consider me famous. Actually I'm more of an in between thing. The popular people befriend me but at the end, its my own friends that I trust the most with my secrets. Mom and I aren't very close but we do love each other a lot.

I'm called the bad girl of the school. I've never had a boyfriend. Don't believe me? Well, its true. I'm a sucker for cheesy romantics. And the guys from my school were just not worth it. Their language, their attitude, their cheapness just gave me a head ache. I want someone who will hold the door for me but still slap my butt as I pass.

Yeah, I'm a romantic with high standards.

"-God! Do you ever listen to what you are told, young lady? I've been speaking from the past 2 minutes" Mom huffed while pushing a plate of bacon, ham and cheese quesadillas making me moan at the sight of the melted cheese on the top.

"Mhmmm, mom I love you so much right now"Stuffing a bite in my mouth, I smiled cheekily and blew her a flying kiss making her roll her eyes. "And like every other time that you say that, I have only one reply. You only love me cause I give you food" she chuckled and kissed Al's cheeks. Now now. I wont say ew cause come on, she deserves happiness too.

I snorted in reply. "And clothes"

"All I asked for one was one normal child" she muttered but due to my inhuman hearing I caught on to it.  We love each other though. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if Dad was here. I promised myself on the dad of his funeral that I wouldn't cry for any other man in my entire life. Not even a soul mate. Not that I would get one.

"So um, I've been thinking..." there you fucking go! Of course she wouldnt make me a lavish breakfast without any motive. The worst part? Its the same thing again and again.. "Milan, you are 20 now, no more a child who gets whatever she wants by throwing tantrums. I've spoken to my friend and she said she knows an extremely nice family that would love to have you"

Groaning inwardly I sighed"But mom I-

"Mils, just give it a chance. I've seen the boys photo and let me tell you that if I were gay I would sure as hell marry him. Just one time?" Alaric asked. Okay then, I'll just add him to the list of boys I chased away.

"Sure" I put on the most fake smile ever and continued eating my breakfast while trying to come up with a plan.

After a while, mom comes out with a huge grin on her face that makes me smile. Wonder who could make her so happy. "You two shall in less than a week"

"Thats wonderful,honey. What is the lucky boys name?" Al asks while sipping his coffee.

"Elliot."

"Elliot?" I asked. It sounds..nice.

"You'll be meeting him outside since he wants to meet you in private. His father and I were college buddies so please don't screw this up Milan" Mom warned and left.

After helping clear up the dining table I walked to my balcony that overlooked the forest. After staring at it for what felt like eternity I felt something change. A part of it lit up..

Grabbing my binoculars from the side drawer I silently thanked my Aunt May who gifted them to me to spy on hot guys. I chocked on my breath when I realised that what I had thought to be a forest with wild trees growing, all my life, I was wrong. It was actually hiding something.

A castle.

************************

Alex Pettyfer as Alpha Elliot.