Chapter 27

I smiled to myself as I tugged on the edges of the stranger's shirt. It smelt just like him. That amazing fragrance that you get when you enter a boutique.

But how did he know my real identity? I thought only Ezekiel, Arrow and I knew. And now so does this stranger. I slipped into the Castle and tiptoed to my room. "Going somewhere?" A voice called making me jump.

I turned behind to see that it was only Asher. One of the safer brothers. I mean he practically hated the old me but he still felt like a younger sibling. A jealous one, to be honest.

"Where were you all night?" He asked. That caught me off guard. Yesterday night the hot stranger saved me. I guess I was asleep all night. "I spent the night with a friend. Why?" I asked.

"Elliot was searching for you so Tatiana got angry and in a fit of jealousy she broke some antique. She and Elliot fought entire night. I'm not one to gossip so I won't tell you anything," he said. Right; he just gave me hot gossip. That psychopath deserves the company of his own kind anyway.

I walked over to my room and took a hot shower. After pulling on a pair of shorts and wearing the same shirt from before I walked over to the balcony and looked at the distant mountains.

They looked so small from far but are so large in real. Isn't life like that too? Life seems so simple but the more we age, the more we realise the complexity that we have to face.

Someone touched my shoulder making me hiss in pain. Ezekiel looked at me with worry. "Hey, where were you?! The least you could do is inform me!" He yelled angrily, still eyeing my shoulder. No wait it was the shirt.

"Really Ezekiel? You weren't there when I needed you the most so don't you dare question me! The real question is where were you?" I laughed bitterly. I know he can't always be there for me but he doesn't have to yell at me. I just want to leave this place and disappear forever. All of them are so selfish. I thought at least Ezekiel would be different. Elliot was my mate but Ezekiel understood me.

All good things come to an end, anyway. "I-I met someone, Milan. I'm sorry but I had to be with her," he said with a guilty look on his face. His eyes were wide with innocence and vulnerability. My heart just melted looking at him and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Who's the lucky girl, Kiel?" I asked with a genuine smile. He looked at me and a bright tint of red covered his cheeks. He looked away and smiled, recollecting a fond memory. "Alaska," he said shyly. I squealed and hugged him again but hissed when I felt my shoulder wound get pressed. Immediately he became serious and looked at me sternly. "Who hurt you?" He asked calmly. I gulped. "I tried making a tattoo for myself using my magic. It kind of backfired," I laughed. "So tell me about her."

"Words aren't enough to describe her. She has ebony black hair that flows over her shoulders and honey sweet lips. Soft like lilac. She has a sculpted personality and an elegant personality.  I loved her nebulous, Eden-green eyes which were a-sparkle with the 'joie de vivre'. They were like two beryl-green jewels melted onto snow. An-"

I burst out laughing. He was too cute. He almost sounded gay. He looked at me in confusion making me mess his hair up and giggle. "Congrats, Ezekiel Gabriel, you are in love," I smiled at him fondly.  He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Love's not my thing. But this girl is so special, Milan, I'm drawn towards her," he sighed and fell onto my bed. I looked at him and pointed to his stomach. "You've got an elephant in your stomach, fatty," I teased. He growled at me and got up. He turned various angles to examine his stomach before the mirror.

Honestly, he looked fit as usual but come on, irritating Ezekiel is the best thing to do. After eating his chocolates, of course. "I-I'm not fat," he grumbled as he munched on a bag of potato chips that he found in my secret stash.