Epilogue

[6 months later]

"Dammit Summer! You literally don't have anything in your closet " Ginger shouts at me.

"Thats not true.. If I didn't have anything, I would be here, right now, with no clothes on, in front of you.. completely.. naked.. " I say sassily.

"Okay, let me rephrase that." She says rubbing her forehead. "You don't have any clothes to wear for prom"

"Oh." I say lamely.

"How am I supposed to help if you don't even have a dress to wear?"

"Can't I just wear jeans?"

"Jeans?" She asks, "you do know this is prom right? You don't wear 'jeans' to prom."

"Right.. never thought about that."

Ginger rubs her forehead, "what are you going to wear!?"

I didn't think about it. I didn't prepare for this night. I look at the clock on my bedside table, it's 5pm and I don't even have the time to go shopping since it's tonight. Gosh, why do I always have to mess this up. I really want to talk to Dalon about something important too. I mean I could call him but I want to talk to him face to face.

"Don't you have like an extra dress I could borrow?" I ask her.

"Uh, I don't have any decent ones, and since I'm not going..." she drags. Oh right. She's staying, with my so called brother since he's going back to college tomorrow morning. He did go back though a few months ago before returning again earlier this month.

"Shit, I'm doomed" i say.

"Doesn't your mom have some?" She asks.

"My mom gave her old clothes to an old friend to get it stitched.. apparently it doesn't fit her now and pieces of cloth from those dresses falls off"

"Oh.."

I'm so dead.. 'You should've planned before Summer. You had like two weeks to prepare.' I said in my head.

"I mean a dress which is elegant and flowy from the bottom" ginger says. "Oh my god that'll look so good on you!!"

Flowy, flowy, reminds me of a name. Oh my god Flo! I completely forgot about her. She could help me!

"I think I know someone that could help me from almost embarrassing myself infront of the entire school." I say with a smile.

**

"You look stunning!" Flo jumps excitedly, "Dalon wouldn't take his eyes off of you."

I turn from the mirror, "Thank you so much Flo. You're the best.." I smile towards her.

"Damn Summer, you look fine as hell" Ginger compliments, "if I was gay, I'd definitely ask you out on a date.."

"Oh really.." I joke..

"Totally.." she winks at me before laughing. I laugh along too.

We were broken off by Flo clearing her throat, "As much as I'd like to stay here, I better leave.." she says putting her shoes on.