CHAPTER 35

______________________________

Saturday came by real fast. The day of the party Jasmine invited Dalon and I to. Dalon said he'll tell her that we both aren't in a relationship. You might think that's just stupid of me to do, but it's the truth. I don't want to keep anymore secrets. I already keep way to many.

School was so boring this week. Ginger kept ignoring everytime I tried to talk to her. Dalon was with his friends most of the time, so I kind of felt alone in school. I really want to talk to Ginger, and finish whatever that just happened between us. If only she gave me the chance. That's it. And don't get me started on James. I don't even know where he was this whole week. I don't even care that much anymore.

I open my closet to find something to wear for the party. I stand there clueless thinking which one to pick. I scratch the back of my head, frustratedly. I seriously need help in fashion. Maybe mom can help me. She's home early anyway.

"Mom!" I shout hoping she could hear me downstairs.

"Yeah!?" She yells back.

"Can you come up and help me with something!?"

"Sure hun, one sec!" I hear her walking up the staircase. She comes enters my room. "Yeah?"

"Can you help me find a good outfit to go to a party?" She raises her eyebrows probably surprised that I'm going out to a party when she knows I'll rather sleep or play video games at home. Nonetheless she didn't ask me any questions, she just went to my closet.

"So is Ginger going with you?" She asks. Okay I didn't think of this. My mom doesn't know that Ginger and I aren't in good terms.

"she has something important to do at her place.." I lie.

"Oh okay.. Is anyone going with you then?" She asks.

"Yeah.."

"Who?"

"Dalon."

"The boy that lives next door?"

"Yup.." I saw a faint smile forming between her lips. As if she knows what's happening. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing.." She says, "Just be safe, and stay close to Dalon. Come home before midnight. Okay?"

"Yeah Okay.."

"Ooh this looks decent.." Pulling out a white shirt white black stripes on the sleeves and at the bottom of it and ripped jeans. " She looks inside again, "Oh and these would look good together." pulling a pair of white vans. This instantly reminded me of Ginger and how we laughed at the stupid joke I said that day. I really miss her.

"Thanks mom," I smile, "your the best.."

"I know I am.." She jokes around. "I better go down then, I'm making cake. Don't want that to get all burnt don't we?" I shake my head.

When she leaves, she almost trips on one of the wires that connected to my playstation. Oops.. I always forget to push it behind.

"Summer, seriously fix this place up.. It's a mess.." She says leaving.

"Okay mom.." I roll my eyes, I guess parents will always be like that.