CHAPTER 32

Holy shit this song is awesome!
_______________________________

Dalon kept ignoring me. Even at school he looked upset and somewhat lifeless. I would occasionally glance at him from time to time during cafeteria and notice him sitting with his friends but he wouldn't utter a word.. He would just keep looking down and ignore his friends calling his name out.

"So.. James spoke to me in the morning today.." Ginger says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Really?" I ask. She nods. "What did he say?" acting as if it didn't bother me.

"Uh.. just school stuff.." Ginger says popping a fry in her mouth.. "Didn't you see him today?"

"No, I didn't get a chance.." I say. I actually did. I would notice that he was glancing at me but didn't come up to me. I even tried to talk to him but he would always leave before I reached there. I almost seems as if he too is ignoring me. Am I that annoying? Or is it ignore Summer day!?

"Oh.." Ginger says. I guess it's not ignore Summer day.. "He just wanted me to join this math competition the math club is organizing." Ginger says looking at me as if she's ready for my outburst.

"You should go.." I tell her.

"You sure?" She asks, "I mean it's okay if you don't want me too. I underst-"

"it's okay, you can go.." I say genuinely. The thing that bugged me was that James ignored me for no reason. Am I boring? I couldn't help think James liking Ginger. No, don't think that.

I look at Dalon's table and see him atleast giving slight nods to his friends and half smiles but he wouldn't speak a word. Atleast that's an improvement.

The bell rang indicating that lunch break was over. I gathered my things and went to class.

*

After class, I met Ginger so we good go to our next class together but before that we had to go to our lockers so we could get our books.

Once I took out my books and Ginger took out hers we went to class. Along the way I noticed James smiling at me, waving at me. I smiled waved back. Then I noticed another hand, which was not mine but my best friends. I just realized that wave was not for me, it was for her. Oh..

Maybe he didn't notice me or something. I tuck strands of my hair that fell over my face behind my ears to make it more clear for him to see me.

He looks at me now with his mouth shaped in an 'O' and waved back with a smile to me too.

*

After school I decided to have a chat with James. I skim through the parking lot and spot him. I walk up to him.

"Hi James.." I say with a smile.

James looks at me by surprise "Summer!" He says. "Hey.." Something in his voice sounds so odd. "What's up?"

"Nothing new." I say trying to sound casual. "Just the same old me.." I chuckle. Then i realise that it sounded so lame and i mentally facepalm myself. I clear my throat and ask him "How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm good" He says.

"So I was wondering.." I say fiddling with my thumbs. "Maybe we should I don't know hang out sometime.." 

"Oh.." James says in an unsure manner. "You see, Summer.. Uh.. I don't think us going on another date is a good idea.." What! Did I hear that right?