CHAPTER 37

_________________________

"So your telling me," I say scooping my hand in a huge bag of chips and shoving it in my mouth, "that Chris is here just so he could help you in a physics project.." I narrow my eyes.

"Mhmm" Ginger nods quickly giving me a tight smile.

I was currently sitting on one of Ginger's living room sofa with one of my legs dangling from the side of the chair.

When I came inside and saw Chris I was confused. Ginger quickly pulled me inside and dragged me to the living room. And my stomach being not so quiet, grumbled aloud. Ginger quickly went in her kitchen and gave me a packet of chips as she rambled why Chris was in her house.

Now we were all sitting in Ginger's living room. Ginger and Chris were sitting in the longer sofa. Both looking nervous like their life depended on something. I squint my eyes and look closely. Somethings fishy around here. I can smell it.

Ginger looks uncomfortable under my gaze and starts to scratch her nose again. "I don't believe you.." I finally say.

Ginger jumps slightly at my voice, and covers up quickly, "No I'm telling you the truth.." She lifts her hand and scratches her nose again. I look at Chris who was also sitting next to Ginger, scratching the back of his neck, nodding incredibly fast.

"Why are you here so late then?" I ask Chris.

"She really needed my help Summer, so I had to help.." I wasn't quite convinced with his voice.

"Oh yeah.." I say, "Well then tell me the topic that you guys have to do the project on"

Ginger and Chris both still. Do they seriously think I'm an idiot?

"Magnets!" Ginger says.

"Definitely circuits" Chris says at the same time.

They both look at each other like they messed up badly. I smile sheepishly, "ha! You guys are keeping a secret from me.. I know it" I jump from my seat in excitement. "What is it?"

Chris clears his throat, "Obviously you've got it all wrong Summer.." He says, "We were both going to make magnets with circuits.." He looks at Ginger "right?"

"Yeah.." She nods quickly, "What he said.."

I look at them suspiciously. I wasn't going to give up easily. Why are they keeping a secret from me? Ginger fidgets a little while Chris tries to calm her. I wasn't going to give up easily. So I play along.

"Okay fine.." I say leaning back and shoving a chip in my mouth. They both looked relieved when I said that.

I get up from my seat and place the bag of chips on the coffee table, "Well I wanna see what you've made."

Both of them get up quickly, "there's no need for that" Chris laughs nervously.

"Why not?"

"Because it's ugly.." He says quickly, "ya.. Ugly. Right Ginger?"

"Yeah totally," She chuckles nervously, "it looks horrible."