CHAPTER 36

So this is like the 'same time' during Dalon and Jasmine's conversation. (Like what's happening in the party, while they were talking outside.)

________________________________

Summer POV

Jasmine leads Dalon outside, to her backyard. I hope everything goes well. I could see Dalon was nervous, I knew he didn't know what to say. But he had to face her one or the other and I think this was the right time.

I stood awkwardly in the corner of hallway looking around as if I was expecting to see people I knew around here. Surprisingly, there were a few students from my school here. I didn't want them to recognize me so I stayed away as much as possible so they wouldn't notice me.

I didn't know what to do in the party to be honest. It wasn't a thing for me, so I didn't know what to do. Usually I would have someone to talk to but then Dalon is busy and Ginger.. She doesn't want to talk to me.

I sigh walking to the dining table to get myself a a juice box. I didn't trust the cups filled with a red coloured drink. For all I know it might be spiked.i take my juice box and jab a straw in it before taking a sip.

I walked to the door that lead outside. Luckily the door was a glass one, so I could see them talking. I know it's bad to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. I wanted to know what they were talking about.

I couldn't Dalon's face because his back was facing me. As Jasmine was short - upto Dalon's shoulder- I couldn't see her face either. Looking at their body language, they both look tensed up. I notice Dalon's fists are clenched. Oh no, I hope nothing goes wrong. I couldn't hear anything either because of the loud music playing.

"You know it's bad to eavesdrop!" Someone yells close to me, making me jump, shutting my eyes in the process. I hold my chest and ease my breathing. I hate it when someone does that! Gosh, almost giving me a heart attack.

I open my eyes, to see Logan. Crossing his arms around his chest making him look intimidating. I scratch my head, letting out a nervous chuckle, "oops my bad."

"Go and enjoy the party, let them have their talk. It seems important. Jasmine didn't want anyone to disturb them. Not even me." Okay this dude acts as if he's her bodyguard, not his boyfriend. Literally.

I grumble softly but walk towards where everyone was. I sit on one of the couches at the corner. I didn't know what to do but just sit still and watch people enjoy themselves, laughing and dancing.

"Hi," someone says startling me.

I turn my head and see a good looking blond boy, around my age. He was giving me a cute dimpled smile making me smile back, "Hi"

"I'm Cole" He says putting his hand out.

"Summer" I shake his hand.

"I know this is some random stupid question," He says, "but would you like to dance with me?"

I wasn't in the mood to dance but then the face he was pulling off after he asked me that question made me change my mind. Oh god, screw good looking people who can pull off any facial expressions. I nod smiling.

He jumps in excitement out of his seat. And gives me a hand. I laugh at his behavior and take it. He pulls me to the dance floor. I begin to dance.

Cole on the other hand was doing these weird hand movements. I don't even know what it was. But it looked funny on him. I fight myself not to laugh.