/93/

"Where are we even going?" Annie asked, her arms crossed over her chest. It was nearly afternoon, and Luke had refused to tell her anything except that they were going somewhere. And, about ten minutes ago, he had pulled over and asked Annie to put on a blindfold. When she refused, he whined until she gave in.

  Luke parked, and Annie went to rip of the blindfold but he quickly put a hand over her eyes before she could see anything. "Come on Luke! I just want to see."

  "Yeah yeah, we drove for half an hour, let me just have my moment."

  Though Annie didn't like it, she crossed her arms, waiting for him to go on. "Well? Have your moment so we can get this over with!"

  "Pushy pushy," he scolded. "Anyways, earlier you said I was about as dangerous as a rainbow and about as gay as a butterfly, or something."

  "I'm pretty sure that's not what I said."

  "Not important. But with the bet, I'm proving that I'm able to make you blush while remaining gay as a butterfly-"

  "-not what I said!"

  "Okay! But I'm already proving the gay thing. And now, all I need to do is prove that I am dangerous."

  "You're as dangerous as a small bird," Annie recounted, "And as gay as a double rainbow. Where'd you get butterfly from that?"

  Luke sighed in exasperation. "We're here so I can prove to you that I'm dangerous."

  Annie snorted. "Wow, I'm real excited. What are we doing? Table tennis tournament? Or maybe a really intense game of laser tag!"

  Luke sighed, moving his hand. Annie tore her blindfold away, and gawked at what was in front of her. "It's an amusement park."

  "Yep," Luke said proudly.

  "What a surprise!" Annie joked. "I thought the screaming was just the radio!"

  "Oh, come on."

********************************************************************************************

  As Annie began to get over the initial shock, she ended up getting actually excited. Truth be told, she loved amusement parks, even though she'd only gone once or twice.

  "Annie, calm down. We haven't even gotten in yet."

  "That's what she said!" Annie announced gleefully.

  Luke mentally facepalmed. "I swear. Come here." He reached out, grabbing her hand and spinning her, pulling her back into line. Giving Annie a look, Luke made it look like he was expecting Annie to give up the bet just like that. "What's that? Did I hear something about a purplish fruit...?"

  Annie scoffed. "In your dreams. I'm going to win the bet, you know."

  "Yeah sure," he snorted.

  They got to the front of the line, and Luke handed the guy his tickets. He pulled Annie behind him, and once they got out of the busier area, Annie could see Luke begin to relax, getting excited himself about the rollercoasters. Luke interlaced their arms, and started skipping.

  "Luke, your gay is showing."

  "Shut up and skip with me. It's faster."

  Giggling, Annie started skipping, struggling to keep up with Luke. "Luke, slow down! Not all of us are giraffes!"

  "Grow longer legs!"

  They passed a few rides before they decided which one to go on first. It was a long green rollercoaster- not the coolest one in the park, but definitely up there (pun intended). They got at the end of the line.

  "And now... we wait."

  Luke snorted. "And wait. And wait. And wait-"

  "So articulate. That's just what I was thinking." Annie agreed, laughing lightly at him. "Why didn't you get the fast passes? Let me guess- you couldn't afford them?"

  Luke chuckled. "I am but a mere intern. Going here at all took five million years salary."

  "How sweet," Annie agreed. "I would've paid, but I'm a professional dog walker. I earn even less money than you do!"

  Luke nodded seriously. "Could be worse. I have a friend who's a kids party entertainer."

  Annie laughed, appriciating the referance. "I know a guy who's a sigh spinner dressed like a hot dog."

  "You win," Luke agreed. "That's the worst one so far."

  Annie's phone buzzed in her pocket, and she pulled it out to see it. "Calum posted something."

  Luke raised his eyebrows. "You have his notifications turned on?"

  Annie bit her lip nervously. "Well, I need to as... you know." as his handler. "But... I actually had the notifications turned on even before I met you guys."

  Luke shook his head in disbelief as Annie opened the notification. "Oh. He posted a picture of him with his date for this weekend."

  Luke scrunched his nose. "Let me see."

  She handed him the phone, and he made a disgusted face. "Ew."

  "I mean, she is hot."

  "Sure, but like... ew."

  Annie laughed. "The caption says 'me with one of the contest winners, anyone think they can beat this picture?'"

  "Maybe not the picture, but I could probably beat something else." Luke muttered.

  "So violent," Annie commented. "Think we should try to beat him?"

  Luke got an evil glint in his eyes. "Yes. Do it."

  The line for the rollercoaster went up stairs, and since it was a pretty quick ride they were already pretty close to the top. Luke dragged Annie over to the side, and they posed against the railing, showing the view behind them. Taking a few pictures, they settled on one where Luke was closer to Annie, his arm around her shoulder as they posed. You could see some of the amusement park in the background, which looked even cooler so high up.

  Annie posted it with the caption 'challenge accepted'.