Chapter 9: Safe & Sound

(Italics is Memories)

(Bold + Italics= Moments/hours/ minutes later.)
-------------------------------------------
A Week later

Kayla's POV

Today was the day, the day when I was taken, I wake up tears streaming down my face, I wipe them away and climb out of bed, I sigh and walk down to the kitchen area, I clench my jaw painfully when I see my memory book sitting on the table, it's pages open, I see the Family picture staring back at me.

I feel my bottom lip tremble looking at the picture, I close then grab the book and walk to the vehicle hangar, my breathing a little heavier from trying not to cry, I hear familiar voices.

"Anna where is Kayla?" I hear Tyler question. I whimper clutching the book to my chest, I walk into the vehicle hangar, they all look at me, "Kayla!" Bre says she runs up to me and hugs me tightly, she knew my family, they loved her and she them.

She hugged me tighter, she pulls back, her brown eyes filling with tears, her blonde hair getting in her face, her brown Freddy jacket from Five Nights at Freddy's hanging on her small frame zipped up.

Tyler walks up to Bre, he is also wearing his Five Nights at Freddy's jacket but it's Foxy, his hands shoved in his pockets, "Cuzzy? What's wrong?" Annabelle questions.

The cars are at the ground, literally, their undercarriages touching the ground, except the three bikes the TopKick, flamed Peterbilt, and lime green rescue hummer, my bottom lip quivers.

Tyler hugs me tightly after gently pushing Bre to the side, I bury my head in his chest, my tears seeping from my eyes, my heart aching in pain.

Memories flood my head.

Memory:

"Awww, Sides, Sunny, can you sing to me? Before I fall into sleep?" I whine then pout seeing them almost walk out of my door, "Okay, I don't like to see ya pout!" Sideswipe says they both close the door and kick off their shoes, Sunny sits on one side of me and Sides takes the other.

"What should we sing?" Sunny asks his brother, "I think we should sing Safe & Sound by Me VS. Gravity?" Sideswipe hums in thought thinking about what his twin just suggested.

"You could sing Cold by Five Finger Death Punch!" I chirp, "Who do you think we are? Ironhide?~" Sideswipe asks playfully poking my nose gently with his finger, I sneeze like a kitten.

"Adorable~" he and Sunny coo, they both trusted me, it didn't take me long to get close with the twins or my uncles, when I first said "Sunny" I had Sunstreaker hooked on me, but when I said "Sides" Sideswipe was hooked.

Their names were my first two words, but Sunny was my first word, Sunny would always tease Sideswipe about it, but did Sideswipe care? No, he didn't, he was actually happy, he didn't care if I said the F word, or Frag, they all thought I didn't have any vocals, since I didn't talk until I was 2 1/2.

But with the twins help I could talk, I was taken away my thoughts when Sideswipe starts to sing softly, "Don't you dare look out your window sweet spark everything's on fire~" "The war outside our door keeps raging on~" Sunny sings, they take turns singing softly, their voices smooth and sweet, reminding you of honey.

"Hold onto this lullaby~ even when the musics gone~ gone~ just close you eyes~" they both sing to me softly.

"Good Night Kayla~"

"Kayla!" Bre shouts I look and I'm on the floor, laying on my back, "You passed out when we went to grab some McDonalds, and we found you here," Tyler grunts, his short black hair in a slight mess, his blue eyes glowing with worry but his emotions shield it.