Chapter 6

The Next Day

Kayla's POV

When I wake up, I have a leather jacket wrapped around me along with my blankets, sitting up with my blankets and the jacket still wrapped around me. I pick up the jacket, being weird I smell it, my eyes widen at the familiar scent, I pull the jacket away and then smell it again making sure my nose isn't playing tricks on me. It wasn't! This jacket smells like my uncle IronHide! Tears of joy fill my vision making it fuzzy. I throw my blankets off and put the jacket on, I hug myself, the jacket hanging loosely on my small frame, his smell over taking my nose, the smell of gunpowder, cool metal and a hint of diesel.

I lay back down, still hugging myself, "I miss my family," I murmur, looking over I see my memory book, and.... Necklaces.... Like dog tags, quickly I sit up and see more dog tags they all have the red faces on them, like Sunny's, I scoop them up and read them.

Optimus Prime
Autobot

Elita-1
Autobot

Sideswipe
Autobot

IronHide
Autobot

Chromia
Autobot

Ratchet
Autobot

Arcee
Autobot

Bumblebee
Autobot

MudFlap
Autobot

Skids
Autobot

Jazz
Autobot

Prowl
Autobot

Prowl? Who's Prowl? Then my eyes widen and my head drifts to a memory.

"The law is the law, you can't set Jazz on fire," Prowl says to me, "Why?!" I whine, I look up to him, he has black hair with red tips in he front, a police outfit, badge with the red face on it, I stomp my feet, "No that's not FAIR!!" I scream throwing a two year old temper tantrum, "Life isn't fair," he says looking at a tablet looking thing,

"We were gonna make s'mores while we did it!" I growl, "I like s'mores, but no, we can not burn Jazz," he said then I start to bawl, Prowl turns and picks me up setting his tablet down, he starts soothing me with calm words.

"I'm sorry Prowly!" I sob wishing I could take those words back, he hushes me patting my back, "Hush, hush, you were just angry," he soothes walking over to my bedroom, once inside my room, he walks over to my bedroom, laying me down on my bed, pulling my covers over my small body, "Prowly will you lay with me?" I whimper. He gives me a thin smile, then takes off his boots and climbs under the blankets with me, I lay my head on his chest, snuggling against him, his warmth warming up under the cold blankets quickly.

I fall asleep listening to his Spark thrum deep in his chest, "Good night Kayla" was the last thing my little ears heard before my little world went black.

"Kayla? Why are you in the truck?" I hear Will ask, I take my book and the necklaces and wrap them in the blankets along with the jacket, I climb out of the truck with the items in my arms, I see William, his brown hair wet, probably cause he finally took a shower, Primus did he smell. "Sara told me about your headphones, I'm very disappointed," he says crossing his arms over his chest, "Yeah about those," I chuckle scratching the back of my neck, "I'll have to just replace them," Will, on the other hand is not too pleased.

He only shakes his head, then I see his suitcase along with Annabelle and her suitcase, plus Sara and her suitcase, "Hey where are you three going?" I ask, "Me, Sara and Annabelle are going to go visit Sara's parents in Georgia," he says shrugging not too pleased. Most men don't like seeing their wife's family, and my friends William Lennox is one of those men. "What about me?" I ask.

"You're going to stay at the base, I work at,"