Chapter Eight

"Surprise!"

"Gajeel, we were supposed to say it altogether..." Levy sweat dropped at the giant man who had his arms crossed over his chest, grumbling something about why he should say surprise to Salamander's and Bunny girl's kid when it couldn't understand.

Wendy yelled a belated surprise as she smiled widely at Lucy, along with Charle. The blue haired dragon slayer ran up to greet the group. "Happy birthday Hikari!" The little girl said excitedly as she played with the baby who was still in Gray's arms.

"This is what you failed at keeping me away from?" Lucy asked as she turned to a grinning Natsu.

"I didn't fail! We just fell asleep, so I actually did keep you away from it."

"By fell asleep, he means the two slept together."

"Shut it Gray!" Natsu took Hikari from Gray's unsuspecting arms and handed him off to an elated Wendy.

"Wha-"

"Lucy! Congratulations on yours and Hikari's one year anniversary! How does it feel to be a parent for a year?" Hikari giggled as he saw the flash of scarlet hair that was Erza's.

"It's great! But I didn't really think anyone would remember."

"It's hard to forget any of our family's birthday! Especially when you two's birthday is coming round. Natsu talks our ears off about it a month in advance."

Natsu' cheeks flushed a pink that could rival his hair as he glared at Gray. "I do not!"

"Do too, flames for brains!"

"You wanna go, popsicle?"

"Do you, pyro?"

"You two are not going to fight on Hikari's birthday. You should be disappointed in yourselves as an uncle and a father." Lucy's face flushed red as Erza spoke, which caused Natsu to come to a stop.

"Aw, loosen up Erza! It wouldn't be Fairy Tail if the two didn't fight! Let the boys be boys!" Wakaba mentioned.

"Wait..." Natsu glanced back at the bouncing baby in Wendy's arms, now noticing the pink tufts of hair. Granted, it wasn't that noticeable because the hair was still at the wispy stage. "Are you saying that... I'm Hikari's dad?"

The bustling guild came to a stop as they watched the scene before them unfold.

"Wait, Luce! Did my kiss get you pregnant?!"

"WHAT?!"

"YOU TWO KISSED?!"

"What do you mean did your kiss get me pregnant?! Natsu, that's not how that works!"

"Woah woah woah, hold up! You two," Gray pointed at the blonde girl and pink haired boy. "Kissed?!"

"It was an accident! On one of the jobs we went on, it was to do a play-"

"And you didn't invite me?!" Erza interrupted, perturbed look on her face.

"And he was the prince and I was the princess! We weren't supposed to kiss, but he scared one of the actors who then bumped into him and Natsu fell on me and kissed me! That's it, I swear!" Lucy hands were waving frantically in front of her as the guild watched her explain the story.

"And no Natsu! I can't get pregnant from a kiss."

"But that's what Igneel told me."

"That's not how it works!"

"But-"

"Anyways Natsu! You're always by Lucy and Hikari, aren't you Natsu?" Mira piped up from behind the bar, saving Lucy the embarrassment of explaining to Natsu how babies are made.

"Yeah! You and Happy even stay at her apartment!"

"So what? I've been staying at Lucy's almost every night for years? Why does it matter?"

"You don't stay at a woman's apartment Natsu."

"Well why the hell not?! She's my best friend, and someone needs to help her with Hikari!"

"Come on guys! Leave Natsu alone! So what if he's the foster dad of Hikari? He's a good one so let's just leave it at that-"

"Eek! He's biting me!" Wendy cried out, capturing everyone's attention. The pink haired birthday boy was chewing on Wendy's finger as she looked up at Natsu and Lucy in worry. Lucy relaxed when she saw that the two kids were okay and was going to go help her until she saw Natsu advancing towards the two.

"Here, I'll take him." The usually brute and brash dragon slayer gently lifted the one year old into his arms, cradling him protectively against his chest, wrapping him in his white scarf loosely.

"Here, give Hikari this." Lucy gave him a blue squishy toy she had bought specifically for the baby's teething. Natsu offered the toy to Hikari, who excitedly took the toy and began to gnaw on it.

"They really do look like a family, huh?"

"Juvia agrees with Gray-sama."

"Let's bring the cake!"

It didn't take Lucy much to figure out which one of her guild mates said that.

Hiiiiiii!!!!!

Until next time, peace!