Chapter Four

"Do you wanna explain what just happened back there?" Lucy asked incredulously from Natsu's arm. "And could you put me down?!"

Natsu groaned at her request and set her down on to the cobblestone road.

"What do you mean, explain what happened back there?" He continued to push the stroller containing Hikari as he walked to who knows where.

"That! You just told everyone in Fairy Tail that we were a couple! And then made a competition with Gray on who was the better couple!"

The people that walked by the two looked at the salmon haired and blonde haired mages with strange faces as they passed on by. The two wizards didn't take notice as they continued their mostly one sided conversation.

"Yeah, so?"

"So? We aren't even dating! So you're kind of cheating at this 'contest'." She huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Cheating? Fine then." He stopped pushing the stroller as he turned to Lucy and grabbed her hands, holding them in both of his and raising them to his chest.

"Lucy, will you date me?"

A red faced Lucy stared at him with wide eyes and a sweaty face. Her heart began to beat rapidly, and was so loud that she was surprised that he couldn't hear it, especially with his heightened senses.

"W-What?!"

"You said we weren't dating, and that it would be cheating. So let's date!" He grinned his boyish grin and held his arms out.

"I don't want my first boyfriend to be for a stupid contest!" Lucy yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

"Come on, please?"

"No!" Lucy angrily stomped her foot on the street, looking like a toddler who was throwing a temper tantrum.

"Then let's fake date! It's not cheating, cause we are still dating!"

"You're not gonna drop this, are you?"

"Nope. I will beat Gray!" She watched as Natsu raised his arm to form a muscle and slapped his other hand on it with a determined look on his face.

Lucy sighed. "At least let me think about it, okay?"

"Yes!" Natsu leapt in the air as he shot a fist up. He wrapped his arms around her and spun her in the air before placing a kiss on her cheek. "Thanks Luce!"

Mirajane watched from a ways away. She was too far away to hear what they were talking about, but when she saw Natsu hug Lucy before kissing her on the cheek, she nearly fainted, but she settled on squealing quietly to herself.

They actually are dating! Yes! Now I can do this couple competition I was dreaming of! Next stop, Gruvia!

"Natsu!"

"What?" He gave an Erza red faced Lucy a confused look.

"N-Nothing..." The flustered blonde stuttered out as she stepped in front of him, pushing Hikari once more.

"Can we eat? I'm hungry." Natsu began to walk with his hands at the back of his head as they began to head into the direction for the park.

"You should've eaten at the guild, instead of getting in a fight with Gray and getting us into this mess!" She scolded the pinkette as they strolled through the park.

The leaves on the trees were changing, turning into beautiful golds, browns, and reds, some littering the yellowing grass beneath them.

It was one of Natsu's favorite seasons. The golden leaves reminded him of Lucy's hair, and brown ones reminded him if her chocolate brown orbs. Not to forget the red leaves matching the same shade of red as Lucy's blush, which he doesn't get to see as often as he'd like to.

"I'm still hungry Luce!" Natsu groaned as he slumped his back, his head reaching her level.

"You can go eat. I'm staying here with Hikari." She used her 'this is final' tone with him. Natsu groaned as he sat down at a bench in the park, Lucy following his lead.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left you alone?"

"I haven't agreed to that!" She said angrily, her face heating up to a dark red. "And don't just go around telling people that I'm your girlfriend okay?!"

Hikari squirmed around in his stroller as he the little baby boy looked for something to entertain himself with.

"Wait, I knew I got something for him!" Natsu pulled out a mini red dragon stuffed animal out of nowhere as he handed it to the now happy and giggling baby.

"Natsu, you didn't have to go buy that..."

"Why not? I thought it was cool, and so does Hikari!" He smiled triumphantly at his win as he watched the salmon haired, brown eyed baby play with his newfound stuffed animal.

"Say, Luce? Don't you think Hikari kind of looks like us?" Lucy's face lit up once more as Natsu spoke. It was true. Hikari had Natsu's hair color and nose, but he had Lucy's eyes and face shape.

"It kind of does, but it must just be a coincidence." She ended that thought quickly as she thought it through.

There is no way possible that this baby could possibly be ours. No way. It's impossible.

Shorter update but I will make the next chapter longer!

Until next time, peace!