XXXVIII

I'm laying in the middle of the bed while she prances around the room in an attempt to get dressed for the impromptu night out that Normani is taking her on. Annoying me slightly because it was just meant to be Lauren and I with mountains of pizza and blankets but that idea went out of the window when Normani burst into the apartment with a flyer for some new club that is opening down the street.

"Red or black?" Lauren asks, throwing a pillow at me when she notices that I'm not even paying any attention to her. "Camila, red or black." She repeats, holding up a red dress and a black dress.

"I don't know black."

"What's wrong?" She asks sitting next to me and then brushing my hair away from my face.

"Nothing, go and get ready." I mumble, pushing myself up off the bed and then walking out of her room, making my way down the hallway and into the living room. I turn the TV on, sitting on the sofa while I flick through the channels. I being playing with the cuffs of my hoodie, watching the random program that I decided I'd watch.

"You know I don't have to go out."

"Lauren you're going out, I'll be fine." I reply, sending her a smile as she walks into the room, sliding on a leather jacket, wait that's mine. That's just rude and no one wears my jacket apart from me, I don't even mention it though because I really can't be bothered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure."

"Okay, I'm leaving now, I love you." She says, leaning over the back of the sofa and then pressing her lips against mine before walking towards the door and then walking out of the apartment. I let out a sigh while sliding my hand into my pocket to pull my phone out; I unlock it and write out a text.

[8:35pm] Camila: Jergi out, I'm alone and I need company!

I send the message to Shawn, Rachel and Zendaya before locking my phone again and then standing up, walking towards the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of beer out of the fridge. I pop the cap, shuffling back into the living room while taking mouthfuls of beer.

I turn the stereo on, connecting my phone and then blasting music through the speakers. I begin mumbling the words to the song that's currently playing, my phone vibrates on top of the stereo, I shuffle towards it, picking my phone up and then reading the message.

[8:41pm] Shawn: On my way asshole, I'll get Rachel and Z on the way!

I don't reply because who has the time to do that, instead I walk into the kitchen, pulling open a draw and then sliding out the box that I keep there with skins, weed and filters in. I smile to myself as I start rolling a joint, swaying my hips in time with the song.

Carefully placing the joint in between my lips I slide my lighter out of my pocket, lighting the joint and then leaning against the worktop while I take a drag. I breathe in the fumes before blowing them back out again, I run my fingers through my hair as I take another drag. I really need to stop smoking this shit, but whatever it gives me something to do when Lauren goes out, and selling it gives me money.

"And the whores have arrived, with Shawn!" Shawn yells as he walks into the apartment, holding three boxes of pizza. Zendaya and Rachel are following him, they're both holding a crate of beer each, and they both slap the back of Shawn's head as they walk past him and into the kitchen. I just giggle as Z smiles at me, taking the joint off me, pushing herself up on to the worktop and taking a drag of the joint.

"So where's Lauren? I thought you two were having a cute night in."

"Yea that's what I thought." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "But your sister had other ideas."