Twelve

Needless to say, things had been a little awkward between Zac and Georgia since the other day. They'd spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Bailee and just hanging out. Georgia's mind spun with how drastically things had changed in a matter of a couple hours.

Isaac had texted her the following morning asking if she'd like to hang out at the studio with him and Zac, as they were working on some new stuff. Georgia was hesitant, but got ready anyway. She didn't mind leaving Bailee with her mom again, since she wanted them to have as much time together as possible before they left for LA again.

Georgia opened the door to the studio, and was happy to see it hadn't changed in appearance. She remembered coming into the studio that rainy night, with bags of McDonalds, and Zac giving her his sweatshirt, which she still had in her closet back in LA. She smiled, looking at the chair he'd been sitting in when she arrived, not moved an inch since she'd last seen it.

Smiling at the memories, Georgia made her way to the studio room where Zac and Isaac were already sitting. She gave Zac an awkward smile.

"Good, this is good. We're not killing each other so far. I'd call that progress." Isaac joked. Zac glared at him and Georgia rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, what's up?" Georgia moved away from the subject, sitting down in a leather spinning chair.

"Just hanging out, putting together some demo tracks. How's your writing going? Get any good songs since you've been home?" Isaac asked, looking curious. Georgia's eyes flashed upwards toward Zac, who was looking at her out of the corner of his eye, pretending not to pay attention.

"Oh, I have quite a few. Enough for an album, I think." She smirked, leaning back and folding her arms.

"Yeah? Why don't you hop in the booth?" Zac blurted out before he could stop himself. Isaac turned to him with a raised eyebrow. Zac looked down at his hands and ignored his brothers stare.

"Sure." Georgia said boldly, taking Isaac's guitar off the couch and flipping her hair over her shoulder, prancing into the booth. She sat on the stool and slid the headphones over her ears, her eyes trained on Zac as she picked up the guitar again.

"Wrote this one a while back." Was all Georgia said before she started to strum.

"I wanna thank you for giving me time to breathe
Like a rock you waited so patiently
While I got it together
While I figured it out, yeah yeah
I only looked but I never touched
'Cause in my heart was a picture of us
Holdin' hands, makin' plans and it's lucky for me you understand..."

Georgia continued to sing the song she wrote three years ago, when she and Zac were still 'a thing.' The lyrics were special to her and their relationship, even if he didn't know the song was about him.

"They say if you love something let it go
If it comes back it's yours
That's how you know
It's for keeps, yeah, it's for sure
And you're ready and willin'
To give me more."

Zac leaned forward at those lyrics, repeating them silently in his head. If it comes back, it's yours. Those words spoke volumes to Zac. He couldn't help but grin to himself as he watched Georgia finish the song. She sang a couple more that weren't as heavily focused on her past relationships, more so on her daughter and her life in LA.

Georgia exited the booth after hearing her phone ring, setting the guitar down on the couch and pulling her phone out of her bag. Six missed calls from her mother. Furrowing her eyebrows, she sat on the floor and dialled her mothers number. Isaac and Zac both gave her questioning looks, but she ignored them.