f i f t y t h r e e

cw: horror creativity, and way of thinking.

basically, tyler, josh, brendon, and river go to an abandoned mansion and tyler thinks of some pretty grotesque stuff as he stares down at a basement stairway.

🌿🌻🌿

「17歳」

The worn down wood creaked under his feet, screaming out in pain as he shifted his weight from foot to foot. They were wary upon it, but the guidance of another gave him safety in this eerie abandoned mansion. Loud booming voices could be heard from another room, and it seem to strain his tummy in a wreckage as he stared off to the abyss of the basement. Darkness overwhelming, and Tyler swore he could see something move.

Joshua was the one to pull him out from his trance as he pointed something out in the kitchen room they were in.

Paint peeled from the wood of the cupboards, and oozing a dull color of an off-white. They were fifty years old, unused by humans for many years, abandoned and forgotten.

Tyler's heart ached.

The Leon Mansion that was hidden away in the lonely, Elfin Forest, and was left to be a mystery there. No one dared enter the home, rumors of it being haunted, or that fact that the vile graffiti kept outsiders away. Bold people who came were frightened out of the mansion, and some left missing.

"I can't believe this place has been abandoned for so many years."

All the cherry cheek brunet could do was gawk at the architecture upon the structure, leading up to the glass, frail windows that acted as a ceiling. There laid dead leaves, some still falling from above, and withering away. They trailed slowly, to the peeling walls of the kitchen space, and finally, back to the gaping basement of deep darkness.

He felt drawn to it, his bones trembled, but his curiousness ate away at his mind. Left anxious, and wary. If there was something down there, waiting and wondering. If it had beading eyes, or a gaping hole upon its face. If it's fingers were long and sharp, and the body of it was overwhelmed in nothing but black.

Maybe it had a tune to its step that caused you to become dizzy.

Maybe it had a grotesque way of breathing that caused your bones to rattle, and chill your skin until it was nothing but ice.

Maybe it had a stench oh-so-revolting, it brought sadness to your heart, and caused you to cry.

Maybe it had a scream that could make someone spontaneously combust into nothing but fire.

Maybe it whispered in your ear, and it left you wanting more.

Tyler took a step towards the basement, slowly and cautiously, and Joshua noticed, quickly bringing his grip to his little love's arm, his eyes wide.

"Don't, Tyler." He breathed, almost terrified as the boy glanced up to him with his doe-eyes, a bit hazy and a hint of gloss to them.

Just as Tyler was about to let words that could plummet Joshua's heart, a grinning Brendon entered the kitchen, slightly out of breath, and voice excited.

"You guys have to check this out!"

They left it.