s e v e n

🌿🌻🌿

「6/5歳 continued

Joshua Dun always waited at night for the moment he heard the gentle voice, crackly and ever so hesitant. The curly haired brunet always had the walkie-talkie close to him, in arm reach, and eyes gazing into his glowing star, covered ceiling.

But sometimes Joshua couldn't help himself.

"Ty-Ty, ar' you awake? Over." 

"M'awake, Jishwa." And there it was, heavenly and pure, endearingly sleepy and Joshua giggled, grinning as he waited patiently for the boy to finish. "Been waitin' for you since eight! Ov'r!"

"That's a long time." The curly brunet said excitedly, but trailed off as he continued, the sudden urge following his heart. "Miss you, Ty-Ty. Over."

"We jus' saw each oth'r hours ago, Jishwa! Ov'r."

"I know," Joshua breathed, and Tyler could just hear the small smile written on the curly haired brunet. "M'miss you still, Ty-Ty. Over."

A gasp, and that beautiful giggle, a surprise hinted in his tone that spoke of innocent tendencies. "M'miss you too, Jishwa. Ov'r."

Joshua flipped to his stomach, pressing the button again and letting out a happy-filled sigh, a little dreamily as he spoke. "So, what'll be today, Ty-Ty? Over."

"Story, ple'se!" The cherry cheeked brunet mumbled, another small giggle. "Ov'r."

"Kind? Over."

"Surprise me! Ov'r."

Joshua thought for a moment, smiling big as the idea soon popped into his head and his feet kicked in the air to a small, made up beat. "'Kay, Ty-Ty, this story is about two happy boys."

He breathed, quickly continuing before the cherry cheeked brunet could slip into sleep. "Their mommy's and daddy's were neighb'rs, so they practic'lly grew up together. And one day, their mommy's had 'em meet and in that moment, one absolutely adored the other! So, they played together every day and grew closer and closer and closer!"

"Ev'ry day? Ov'r."

And it was sudden and delicate, almost too tired and Joshua desperately wanted Tyler to stay awake, just need a bit more time.

"Every day! And as they grew up, one grew feelin's for the other. They fell in love!" Joshua paused for a moment before getting cut off again.

"L've? Ov'r."

"Absolut'ly in love."

"Jishwa?" And he waited. "What's l've? Ov'r."

"Mommy sai' it's our heart explodin' in differen' colors when we look at the person or even think about 'em! Or somethin' like that." Joshua explained, kicking his feet in the air and huffing as he continued. "So, one day, one of them ask the other to stay with them foreva' and marry one another, and they lived happily ever after! Over."

"Forev'r? Ov'r."

"Foreva', Ty-Ty. Over."