Chapter Thirteen

Charlie P.O.V

I stood still as I watched the wolf circle Cordelia. This couldn't be happening. I had been so careful up to this point. I fought as hard as I could trying to get past, but It was like the wolves knew what I was trying to do. She was crouching down but I knew the wolves were taking it as a sign of attack. Why wouldn't she stand up?

Just as the wolf lunged I broke free, it was in that second that I knew both Cordelia and Brittany had been right. I should have changed her before. I ripped the wolf away and tore him in two without a second thought. I bent down to Cordelia to see the breath slowly leaving her body. That couldn't be right. Logan and Derek were chasing down the remaining wolves who were retreating while I did the only thing I could. I bit my own wrist, drawing blood. I place it over her mouth, forcing her to drink.

"Come on Cordelia. Come on." I muttered.

"It's too late Charlie. She's gone." Brittany said quietly.

"No she's not!" I growled out. Glaring as she tried to come closer. I pulled Cordelia into my arms. Rocking her slowly, waiting for her to wake up. She'll wake up in a few hours. The night was still young which always made the change faster. Brittany backed off and helped Derek and Logan clean up the mess. I looked out at my own clothes and noticed all the blood. I didn't understand how any of us were still alive. There was at least 15 wolves altogether, we all should have been dead. I gave up trying to figure it out. Cordelia was my main worry.

"Charlie, if she was changing you would hear her heart beating still. Her wounds would be healing." Derek explained. But I already knew that. I could feel a lump at the back of my throat, but I didn't have time to mourn, or feel sad. I wanted them to pay for this. I would make them pay.

"Clean this up." I ordered, vanishing into the trees. I was outside the palace with in minutes. I marched past the guards who tried to speak to me. I didn't even know what i was doing when I walked into the dining room where my father was entertaining guests. he took one look at me then ushered me into the courtroom.

The courtroom was a massive, medieval hall that my father liked to have formal parties in. Right now it seems even bigger than usual with no one inside.

"What happened my boy?" My father asked. He could smell the blood on me and screwed up his nose in disgust, but smiled as he realised what I must have done.

"They... Killed her." I spat. Pacing back and forth.

"Who? Where have you been all of this time?" He asked, watching my moves carefully. I couldn't tell him the truth. Not completely at least. I had to think of a way to twist the truth, just enough for him to agree with me. "Charlie. I'm waiting." He said, in a calm voice. But I caught the warning behind it.

"I found someone... But she wasn't vampire. I was going to change her." I growled out.

"And the wolves killed her? Why would they do that to a human?"

"She broke the rules. Invited me into her house."

"And what do you want to do about it?" He pushed.

"I want them dead... I want to rip out their hearts." I growled.

"That's a shame because we can't do anything. The wolves have overpowered us for years. There's no point starting a war over one girl." He shrugged, waving me off.

"But they killed her on our land! Which she entered willingly!" I argued.

"Well... I suppose that could change things. Go clean yourself up." He ordered. I did as he said grudgingly. I was going to get my revenge.