Chapter Two

We made it to the council hall but Rory took one look at my cheek then told me to wait outside. I wanted to go with him but at the same time, I was too scared to enter there again so I did as he said. For an hour I was standing outside. But there was still no sign of Rory.

"Wow. Didn't think I would see you alive again. Especially after that vampire was in your house again last night." Zachary Benson said from behind me. I turned to face him.

"Even better, I have no bite marks. See." I tilted my neck, left to right, to prove it.

"For someone in as much danger as you, I would have thought that you would start showing me more respect." He growled.

"You know what's funny? I have been slapped and threatened by the people who were giving me protection but the one they were trying to protect me from, hasn't done anything to hurt me." I muttered.

"Watch your mouth." Zachary growled before walking inside the building. Then and there I decided I no longer wanted their protection.

"Wait a second." I sighed. He turned round to look at me, raising an eyebrow. "That vampire hurt some of your pack surely you would want revenge? If you knew that he was at my house, why didn't you just barge in and get him?" I asked. I saw something in his eyes and then it hit me. "You can't attack him when he's in my house!" I exclaimed. Zachary growled as got advanced towards me, getting right into my personal space.

"Shut your mouth!" He roared. I could feel my heart pumping even faster. He scared me and I could tell he knew it. It was like my fear was giving him some kind of sick satisfaction. He walked away, into the building. Even though I was shaking with fear, I couldn't help but smile. Advantage point Cordelia.

Five minutes later Rory finally stepped outside. He looked both annoyed and sad.

"They wouldn't listen." He mumbled.

"It's okay. I don't want their protection." I replied. Rory sighed loudly. "Come on let's head over to the coffee shop. Maybe Lisa will be there." I grinned mischievously.

Lisa was the girl that Rory had had a crush on for about two years but he never told her. I loved to tease him about it. The coffee bar we were heading to was the Ericson's Coffee Bar. It was small but sold the best coffee in town. It was our favourite hang out because it wasn't very well known which meant it was quiet and Rory was really good friends with the owner of the coffee bar and his son Joshua. They gave us discounts for our drinks every time we went in there.

I grabbed an empty table near the window whilst Rory ordered us two hot chocolates. I sat down and looked around for Lisa. I finally spotted her outside across the road. She had her black hair pulled back into a ponytail. She had big blue eyes and ruby red, full lips. She crossed the road and walked into the coffee bar.

"Lisa! Hey!" I called. She turned round to look at me then smiled as she walked over.

"Hey Cordy! How you been?" She smiled as she pulled a chair over from the table opposite ours. She sat down lent on the table.

"Yeah I've been okay. Rory's just over there ordering drinks." I smiled back.

"Cool I'm just going to get a muffin. We'll talk when I get back?" She asked.

"Of course!" I grinned. Lisa was like my girl best friend. She was one of those people who are friends with everyone.

"What's with the extra chair?" Rory asked as he sat down.

"Lisa is joining us." I grinned.

"Shut it." He smirked.

"Me?" I exclaimed. Putting on my most innocent face. Rory just shook his head and took a sip of his drink.