Chapter Six

I woke up in the morning on the sofa, alone. The same as every morning in the past four days since Charlie killed the wolf. The council had refused to inform anyone of what was happening about the death. The alleyway was still cornered off, not that anyone really wanted to go anywhere near it. The whole secret with Charlie was getting harder and harder to keep. Rory made the smart decision of staying away and Lisa was round my house for hours at a time. We were getting pretty close and I was slowly coming to the decision that I wanted to tell her everything. I had been spending so much time at work, more than my usual hours, that my boss decided to give me Friday off. Considering today was that Friday, I had already decided on what I was going to do.

At ten o'clock I rang Lisa and invited her over. She didn't actually have a job because her parents were loaded so she was free and agreed to come over, promising to bring ice-cream and cake with her. She arrived within ten minutes and I helped her bring in all the snacks.

"You know it's just us two right?" I joked. She just glared at me mockingly.

"Well... At least it will be here for whenever else I decide to come around..." She shrugged.

"Don't count on it." I grinned back. We decided to stay in the kitchen and lay all of the snacks out on the table.

"So what's up?" She asked, tucking into some cake.

"Er... This is kind of hard to explain but just bare with me okay?" I giggled nervously.

"It's nothing bad is it?"

"Well that depends on where you're sitting."

"Cordelia..." Lisa warned.

"Okay okay. Well..." I started to spill everything that had happened. I skipped over the part where Charlie killed a wolf but I decided to mention that he did save me that night. Lisa told it that I would have been killed by a vampire who had then killed the wolf if it wasn't for Charlie. That wasn't quite right but it was close enough.

"Oh... My... Gosh. And you kissed him?" She squeaked.

"A little." I blushed, shrugging.

"And he..."

"A lot."

"And you haven't..."

"Not a word." I sighed dramatically. Lisa got up and hugged me tightly.

"It'll be okay." She said quietly.

"No it won't. Lets just say he does get back to me. And the wolves won't kill him as soon as they get a chance, I will still grow old and die while he lives on for an eternity or more." I sighed quietly.

"You'll find a way." Lisa reasoned. I didn't believe her but I let it go. It was all too much to think about right now. All we did was kiss. That doesn't mean anything.

Lisa soon managed to change the subject in order to cheer me up. We lazed around my house for a while before we finally decided to take a walk outside. The streets were pretty quiet as everyone was at work or school. I could get used to having Fridays off.

"Do you ever get bored of work?" Lisa asked.

"Well yeah. But I would be even more bored without it, why?"

"I was just wondering. I get so bored at home all the time so I was thinking of getting a job."

"Go for it. One of the people at the library is quitting and we need a replacement. I could put in a good word for you if you would like?" I offered.

"No it's okay. I want to do this one on my own. Are they accepting applicants now?"

"I think so. You want to go there now and look?"