Chapter Five

Zachary growled as he covered my mouth.

"Shut up! No one is going to help you now little girl." He growled. I shut my eyes tight and took a deep breath before I tried to fight Zachary off. I knew that if I could just get out of his grip. It wasn't any good though, he was a hell of a lot stronger and already had a tight grip on me. I was slowly losing hope of getting out of this when I heard a federal growl. I looked to the source to see Charlie standing there. His eyes were black as night. He glanced at me before charging at speed of light toward Zachary. Within seconds Charlie hand Zachary by the neck. I could tell he was going to do something so I squeezed my eyes shut. I heard a snap and something drop. I slowly opened my eyes to see Zachary on the floor. His neck was a weird angle.

"I-Is he..?" I asked quietly.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Charlie asked, his voice was full of concern. Despite the fact he just killed a wolf.

"I'm okay." I tried to speak normally but it came out as a whisper.

"Get to your house. Run there and don't stop. I need to get rid of your scent from here." Charlie said softly but there was urgency laced in his voice. I nodded weakly then took off in the direction of my house, as fast as my legs would carry me. My head was still filled with alcohol which was making everything so much harder.

I managed to reach my house within ten minutes. I got inside the practically collapsed to the floor. I leant on the door and hugged my knees to my chest. My breathing was ragged and uneven. I broke out in uncontrollable sobs. Only once I stopped shaking and my breathing was even, did I finally stand up. I heard someone knock at the door and I didn't even have to open it to know who it was. I opened the door then stood out the way as Charlie walked inside. He shut the door then pulled me into his arms. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You okay?" He whispered. I nodded.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

"For what?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"For saving me. I don't even want to think about what he would have done if you didn't come." I explained.

"You don't have to thank me." Charlie stated, pulling me closer. "What were you doing out there anyway?" He asked.

"Something stupid that I will never do again." I sighed. "I need to go make sure everything is locked. Keep the wolves out." I mumbled. I went to walk away but Charlie caught me by my arm again and pulled me close. He bent down slightly and his lips collided with mine. I stayed there for just a second or two before looking away. Charlie went to walk away, but I could his arm.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't of..." He whispered.

"No it's okay. It's just not the right time." I mumbled. Charlie nodded, kissing my forehead. "I need to go shower. My head is still... Fussy and I just..." I trailed off.

"I'll wait for you." Charlie said quietly. I nodded, then headed upstairs.

I grabbed the towel off my bed then walked into the bathroom. I jumped in shower, trying to get rid of the remaining effects of the alcohol from earlier, then got changed into my pyjamas. I sat on my bed and stayed there. I turned on my docking station next to my bed, keeping it down low. Eventually there was a gentle knock at my door which I was quick to answer.

I opened the door then sat back on my bed, Charlie sat next to me, studying my every move. I played with hair, still wet from the shower.

"How you feeling?" He eventually asked.

"Drained." I mumbled. "I knew I shouldn't of gone out."

"It wasn't your fault. If it wasn't you it would have been someone else. He's gone now anyway." Charlie's eyes went darker just thinking about it. "About the kiss." Charlie sighed.