"Nicole, you really hurt me." He said, not turning his attention from whatever he was looking at.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I still can't believe that you were talking to him."

"I know. It was a mistake."

"You're damn right it was a mistake." He said as he turned his head to look at me.

I buried my face in my hands.

"Why'd you do it, Nicole?" He asked, and he sounded annoyed, or angry. "Am I not enough for you? Don't I give you anything you want and need? Don't I treat you right?"

I started crying because he did do all that stuff, and I know it.

"Don't I tell you everything that happens? I've been loyal to you for three months, or however long we've been together, and you go and do that, like you don't even care about us!"

"I'm sorry, Parker!" I cried. "I know! I know!"

"What does he have that I don't, Nicole? Has he been with you for three months? Has he taken care of you? Did he buy you Christmas presents or Valentines Day presents, or birthday presents, or wanted to take you everywhere that he went? Has he slept with you every night?"

I cried as I shook my head and said, "No!"

"Are you going to tell me why you did it?" He asked me.

I couldn't say anything. I was crying, and I couldn't find the words to say anything.

"Nicole, quit crying, please." He said. "Just talk to me."

It took me a few minutes, but I finally got to where I could say something without crying.

"I don't know why I did it, Parker... And I know that you don't want to be with me anymore, and it's probably because you can't trust me anymore, but I just want you to know that I love you more than anything."

"Yeah, well, apparently you have feelings for Sammy too." He said crossly.

That statement hurt me. How could he really think, that after all we've been through, that I could love someone other than him? Tears started streaming down my cheeks as I laid my head back in my hands.

"How can you say that, Parker?" I said shakily.

"It's true, isn't it?"

"No." I said.

"Well, that's sure not what it looks like."

"I only love you and want to be with you." I said as my voice trembled.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it." He bluntly said.

"Really?" I cried. "After all I've done for you, and what we did Friday, and many nights before that, are you really saying that I don't love you?!"

"Oh, I bet you were thinking of Sammy the whole time."

I couldn't take it anymore. He wasn't going to stand there and talk to me like that and accuse me of things like that. I wiped the tears from my face, and stopped crying long enough to say, "Parker, I cannot believe that you would say that to me. You obviously don't know me as well as you think you do if you really think that about me."