f o r t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

Tyler kept quiet though, ignoring the small comments and passing them off his shoulder as he gave River another kind smile, his cheeks flustering in red. "Don't be a sappy loser, Riv."

"I'm your sappy loser."

The cherry cheek brunet only giggled and nodded along to his words, and with a light to the clock, the piercing sound filtered the rooms and the hallways of their high school.

"Well, time to go see your lover boy, he's probably already waiting at the door." Teens already out the door, Tyler met eyes to the boy who stood by it, and grinning when they met eyes, River's following after. "See? What'd I tell you? Lover boy."

Tyler gasped again, and slapped River's arm getting a joyous grin from the older boy.

Within seconds they were saying their goodbyes to River, walking down the filled up hallway of teens, and Tyler's fingers holding on tightly to the back of Joshua's shirt. Up the stairs they went as they reached the end, and with a tug Joshua pulled Tyler in front of him, hands on his small shoulder's as he guided him.

Tyler felt so warm in an instant.

"How was class, daisy?" Joshua peaked over as they continued their journey to their next class. "Was it annoying with River and his never ending talking?"

Tyler grinned, hands entwining together tightly and a small smile forming on the older boy's face. "Yeah, said he was excited to have me all to himself."

Joshua's expression flashed with worry in a second, but Tyler's laugh filtered and echoed the hallway they were walking down. Passing and dodging the chattering teens by them, Tyler continued with his plump lips red. "No need to get your panties in a bunch."

Joshua pouted, but with a subtle movement, Tyler glanced around seeing that no one was particularly minding them, and gently kissed Joshua on the cheek quickly.

"I'm kidding, sunshine."

And Joshua's chest felt warm as he opened the heavy, wooden door for his daisy, and letting him walk past him with a beautiful smile on his face.

Lovingly.

💫

Once they left middle school, they left the spot they always sat at lunch, and now they had to find a new place for silence that they would be able to fill with their laughter. For now, all four were sat on a table in the cafeteria, eating their lunch and trying their best to chatter closely to one another, to hear each other better.

Brendon and Joshua were the loudest out of the group, but Tyler and River made up with their soft tones, especially Tyler's gentle giggles. They ran on topics that enthused their souls, and enlightened their personalities, and as soon as they left the chatter with a dying laugh, the boys would start a new conversation to filter the air between them.

Tyler went on about the simplest things, eyes bright as his tongue ran across different ideas, and the group listened intently, Joshua more than the other boys. Brendon gasped as Tyler would say something more enthusiastic and River would giggle at the older boy's reaction. Joshua hand tightened around Tyler's, thumb running up the soft, tan skin and down with warmth.

Tyler felt entirely safe.

River noticed Tyler's blushing cheeks, eyes averting to the way they smiled and his lips curled plumply. Joshua's hand was resting against his chin, eyes glued to his little love and River could just see the adoration running through the curly brunet's veins.

Brendon nudged River's shoulder, their glance meeting, and locking within that moment. The older boy whispered something, and River flushed, finding interest in his hands. His mind quickly burned out at the thought, and wondered if he even ever had a chance.

Joshua spoke up, but his mind was somewhere else as his voice echoed.

"We're gonna head to the forest in the back of our house later, you guys are welcome to come with us." The curly brunet seemed calmer around River, with the constant coaxing of his little love, and his gentle reassurances.

River would feel on edge too, if he were in Joshua's shoes.

Brendon nodded along, muttering a 'yeah, sure,' and they all looked to River for his answer.

His gaze seem to linger to the cherry cheek boy, and his heart sped up as those hopeful doe-eyes seem to light up as their gaze met.

"S-Sure."

Tyler's smile enlightened the grey cafeteria, and Joshua pulled his little sweetheart close, whispering something in his small ears and coaxing a small giggle from those delicate lips.

River felt himself tense up.

Brendon gagged, and continued on with his half-finished sandwich.

Dainty.

"Jishwa!" Tyler whispered harshly, his cheeks flushing immensely with red, and all the way to the tips of his ears. "Don't say those kinds of things."

"Why? You don't want me to kiss you until your lips fall off?" Joshua grinned, and Tyler gasped so heavenly, covering Joshua's mouth once he began to mumble innocent things to his little love.

Joshua licked Tyler's hand, getting a small screech from the cherry cheek boy, and River furrowed his brow.

Brendon's laughed echoed in their ears, reminding everyone at how grossed out he was about the couple and their adoration for one another.

Then, just as River was about mumble small words, the piercing noise of a bell rung through, causing a ruckus of students to groan and send out their displeased remarks.

Joshua's hand was noticeably going for Tyler's hand, and River mumbled away anyway.

"We'll see you guys after school, yeah?" Joshua smiled, grabbing Tyler's bag and his. The cherry cheek boy went to grab his with his dainty hands, but Joshua only giggled, pulling his bag away from his little love grasps. "No, sweet pea, I'm gonna carry your stuff like a gentleman I am."

Tyler's pout was so pretty, and it wasn't when Brendon nudge him away, that he broke from his sweet haze of his little crush.

With his delicate, flushed cheeks and heavenly smile.

La douleur exquise.

🌿🌻🌿