Tyler was, in fact, not sleeping, but just too tired to answer. He'd just listen to Joshua talk, because his lavender voice soothed his bones, and chilled his through his fingertips. Plus, he was hoping for Joshua to listen to Tyler.

"Well, do you wanna go play with me in the water?"

"No, I'm not leaving Tyler." Joshua shook his head, averting his eyes to his little love before looking back to a damp River.

"Then, we should wake him up, so we can-"

"Didn't you just hear me?" Joshua said with a bitter tone, scoffing before pulling Tyler even closer.

"Jishwa..." Tyler mumbled, peaking an eye open before sighing. "Be nice, please."

The cherry cheek brunet sat up without another word, getting a whine from the boy next to him, and looked to River with the hopeful eyes.

"Do you wanna swim, River?" And Tyler's smile was so genuine, so kind, and Joshua's heart was flared up.

"No, daisy, stay here, so we can sleep."

Tyler rolled his eyes at his boyfriend before standing up and dusting the sand from his pastel pink swim shorts. "Let's go play, Jishwa."

Joshua groaned, shaking his head and rubbing his eyes in a pouty way. "I don't want to play."

"Please?" Tyler softly said, grabbing Joshua's hand, and desperately trying to haul the heavy boy, but Joshua pulled against him, causing Tyler to stumble a bit in his stance.

Tyler yelped at the sudden movement, his eyebrows furrowing from Joshua's childish actions, and he stepped back a bit, a little too away for Joshua's liking. "You're not gonna come and play with River and me?"

Joshua scoffed, but he knew he was being childish, Joshua just couldn't help the words. "No, I just don't want to play with River."

"Why not?" Tyler pressured, his eyes sharp when Joshua sat up all the way, an angry expression upon his flustered features. "I told you that you have nothing to be wor-"

"I just don't want to, didn't you hear me?! Gosh, go play and leave me all alone!"

River gasped silently, eyes widening and looking to Tyler for his reaction.

Tyler's eyes began to water, filling up as he rubbed them away harshly, and he didn't say anything as he turned to grab River's arm, not evening looking back to the boy who began to mindlessly pick up the hot sand before him.

River looked back, though, and Joshua met his eyes angrily.

💫

Joshua messed up.

He messed up big time.

It hit him when the tears were threatening to fall from Tyler's doe-eyes, and how he rubbed them harshly away.

Joshua just couldn't help his words. The feeling, or the thought of Tyler playing with River. The sincerity of Tyler's voice when he asked him to go play with River.

River this, River that.

The curly brunet sighed, eyes watering, and resorting in curling up in a ball when Tyler stomped away.

Tyler was laughing innocently with the boy with sharp eyes, and a snake-like laugh. His brown, chocolate curls breezed through, and his flustered cheeks glistened so beautifully upon the water he was in. How it sparkled by him, and how his tan skin sparkled so purely in the sunlight.

Joshua messed up.

Even when they were done, Tyler ignored him, and as they walked to the camp, Tyler kept himself busy by talking, and walking by River instead.

His little love was ignoring him.

And, Joshua absolutely hated it.

The curly brunet found interest in a stick, swinging it around as the resonating, angelic laugh echoed in his ears, and around the woods they walked through. Their parents small chatter fell through, and his mother slowed down her steps to walk with her son.

"What's got you all pouty, sweetie?" Her smile was genuine, and gentle, and Joshua just felt like crying.

"Yelled at daisy." He mumbled sadly.

His mother leaned down a bit. "What, honey?"

Joshua sucked in a heavy breath before wiping at his eyes with one of his hands. "I yelled at daisy."

She gasped, standing up straight before pulling Joshua to her side and running a hand through his curls. Laying a soft kiss upon his head, she sighed against him. "I say, apologize to him, and give him as many kisses."

She paused, eyes amused as they met their gaze.

"And don't do it again."

Joshua messed up.

When they got to the camp, settling down with soft laughs, and the gentle tune from the radio. The fire was big, but not overbearing, and they all found solace by it.

Tyler was in a seat by River, close, and it was so close that Joshua found himself tensing.

Their chatter was light, and their laughs were breathy.

Joshua's chest hurt.

But, not once did Tyler look to Joshua, or even acknowledge him.

Before settling down, Joshua had tried to corner Tyler and to apologize, but the boy only scoffed and pushed Joshua out of the way.

His mother finally gave him another word of advice.

"Let him cool down, baby, and try again tomorrow, okay?"

Joshua was going to make this right.

Jealously.

🌿🌻🌿