t h i r t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

Tyler's cheeks grew scarlet, whining as he tried to hide his face between his knees, and getting a giggle out of the group.

"What a cutie, he's blushin'!" River shouted, pointing at the embarrassed, dainty one, and grinning with glee as the brunet shot his innocent, doe-eyes to River, throwing the dead leaf from his trembling hand his way.

Joshua tensed, but soon relaxed with Tyler's benevolent voice.

"Be quiet, River." Tyler mumbled, his pout so pretty on his lips that it made River cough up from his ever long laugh.

The curly brunet made eyes at the boy, but disregarded him as his little love continued on with his angelic words.

"Joshua is the only one allowed to say such words to me."

Joshua's heart accelerated, biting his lip as he grabbed Tyler's bicep and landed a delicate kiss upon the soft skin of Tyler's cherry cheek. "Only me."

Brendon made a gagging noise.

"You guys are two gross love birds, you know that?" But the boy was smirking, and River ended up bursting out laughing.

"Shut up, Brendon."

Tyler gasped, and River tried to calm down his snake-like giggles.

"Make me." Brendon grinned.

Joshua narrowed his eyes, and as if looks could kill, Brendon flinched at the nimble movement of Joshua's sharp eyes.

"Do you want a repeat of last time?"

"J-Jishwa-"

"What're ya' gonna do, smother me with your hands again?" His trembling voice was not confident.

"Brenny!" Tyler groaned, causing the brunet to tightened his lips, clamp shut and avert his eyes with a pout.

"Your boyfriend started it." Brendon didn't know of their relationship, of course, but he'd always pair the two up since they were always so close. Even a little jealous by it.

Just a little.

Joshua scoffed, pressuring his face back into his little love's warm neck, his cold nose against the delicate skin, and Tyler only looked to him with worried eyes.

"Sunshine?" His little love whispered.

"M'okay, daisy."

A piercing shriek echoed through the wind, and trees, rattling the cement floor and giving the cherry cheek brunet a freight. It was the bell, signaling that lunch was over, and that it was time to head back into class.

The two older boys got up with no hesitation, stretching as they stood, and mumbling that they'll meet the two in class.

Joshua made no movement to leave their spot by the redwood tree, only sighing and rubbing his forehead against Tyler's maroon sweater, laying soft kiss on his shoulder. "I love you, daisy."

Tyler smiled, his dimples indenting so beautifully, and giggle reaching Joshua's butterfly-filled chest. "I love you too, sunshine, and don't you forget it."

Joshua's cheeks ached from his smile.

"How could I ever forget something so precious of my little love?"

Tyler gasped, fleshing out the cutest of giggle, and gentle, ever-so-delicately, planting a small kiss to Joshua's cheek. "I'm your little love?"

The curly brunet grinned, his expression shy as he looked to the cement floor, only seconds to spare before he met those beautiful doe-eyes he adored.

"My one and only."

💫

Tyler's eyes were fluttered closed.

Head on Joshua's lap, delicate breaths fawning through the white fabric of his shirt by his belly, and little drool seeping out of his little love's plump lips.

Joshua didn't mind all too much, because Tyler, to him, looked absolutely stunning in that moment. Cherry cheeks more opaque than usual, and his small, dainty hands curling slightly in Joshua's shirt as the dreams flew through Tyler's head in a dance.

All of his dreams consisted of Joshua, and that's what made them so peaceful.

The curly brunet's hand ran through the soft chocolate curls, eyes fluttering slightly from the sleep trying to provoke him, but he held his ground, keeping his head up, and soothing his little love with calming hums.

It wasn't until Tyler's father stepped into the living room, meeting Joshua's tired glance with a gentle, warm smile.

"Why don't we get you two upstairs, yeah?"

Joshua nodded slowly, eyes falling to the screen of the television, and his hand reaching for the remote to shut it off. Tyler's father made his way over, arms strong to pick up his son, carrying him, while Joshua stood to follow him.

They led themselves up the stairs, careful to not wake up the sleeping, cherry cheek brunet, but fast enough to where Joshua wouldn't suddenly collapse from his daze. The hallway never ending, it seemed like, and Joshua knew better, head slightly lulling against the father's side, getting a chuckle out of him before they met Tyler's room.

It was a very aesthetically pleasing room. Scent of honey, mixed with a hint of lavender, and Joshua loved every second.

Tracing like it was muscle memory, he found Tyler's humongous bed, white sheets enveloping the space and a huge stuffed, baby blue bunny in the corner; Joshua climbed on, a sleepy smile on his face as he pulled the sheets back for Tyler's father to set his son down right next to Joshua. He crawled in with his little love without hesitance, feeling a kiss on his forehead, and hearing another on Tyler.

"Goodnight, Joshua."

"Goodnight." He mumbled out, a light flickering off and overwhelming the white room with the moonlight and stars.

Joshua cuddled closer to Tyler, pulling the cherry cheek brunet with his arms wrapped around his small body, and laying his sweet lips against Tyler's forehead.

"Goodnight, daisy."

Soft breaths filtered the room, the only response to his lavender licked words, and Joshua smiled, because if Tyler were awake, he'd be saying it right back, with that beautiful giggle that Joshua adored so much.

Joshua's hand found Tyler's in the sheets, and even with the slightest of fingertips connecting, Tyler's hand entwined tightly around Joshua's.

"I love you."

Empyrean.

🌿🌻🌿