December 21st

The blonde instantly panicked. Did Regina hear her conversation with Ruby or did she just arrive? The couple stood in silence for a long time and Emma could see the pain in her girlfriends eyes. The pain of betrayal.

"Regina—"

"It's you", the brunette whispered and Emma sighed knowing she was caught.

"Gina I can expla—", the blonde stopped mid sentence as Regina took a step back away from her and Emma began to panic.

"You lied to me"

"Gina please"

Regina eyed her girlfriend with a frown that quickly turned into anger.

"Gina—"

"You're sleeping in the guest room", Regina whispered before walking back upstairs leaving Emma alone in the study.
———————————————
The next morning Emma woke to the smell of pancakes and a smile fell upon her face. She sat up in bed and suddenly realised where she was and all the memories of the night before crawled back to her mind and she sighed and laid down in the bed once again. She had screwed everything up. Regina had listened on her conversation with Ruby and she had found out. What the hell was she supposed to do? Regina forced her to sleep in the guest room. So had definitely gone a few steps back once again.

Dammit!

But she wanted to make up for it. She wanted Regina to know that she truly loved her and that she didn't do this to hurt her or anything bad. She just wanted to give her and Henry a Christmas they wanted to remember. But no. Instead she fucked it up. But at least it was working with Henry. She sighed and got out of bed making herself ready for work. It may be weekend, and her father was working today, but she didn't feel like being in the mansion when her girlfriend was so angry at her and despite the sadness it filled within her, she didn't to stay there, when Regina probably didn't want anything to do with her at the moment anyway. So she made herself ready before getting out of the room and down the stairs. She walked to the door and was about to open the door when a voice stopped her.

"Mom? Where are you going?", Henry asked walking out of the kitchen and Emma turned to her son and smiled at her.

"Work kid. I'm taking a shift for you granddad. Tell your mother I'm out until then. And take care of Crevan. Remember to give him his lunch. Love you kid", she said and kissed his head before walking out of the house, not even giving Henry a chance to say something in return. He sighed and walked back to the kitchen to his other mother.

"Is everything alright?", he asked once inside and Regina turned to him with a furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

"With you and mom. Are you guys fighting again?", he asked and Regina could see the worry in her son's eyes. She sighed and smiled sadly at him.

"We are just in a little of... disagreement at the moment, Henry", she answered and Henry nodded looking down.

"I hope you guys figure it out. I don't want you guys to break up"

Regina turned to her son fully and walked over to him, bringing him in for a hug.

"Henry... I know Emma and I have been fighting sometimes throughout the years...", she said, but stopped when she received a knowing look from her son.

"Most of the time", she corrected herself and Henry chuckled and smiled.

"But despite all the fights and comments and... despite all those things, I have always loved your mother. From the moment I met her, I knew she was different from the rest"