Chapter 19

Luke's POV: I shouldn't be mad at Sadie, I know she was telling Courtney and Seth why I was upset. I still remember hearing the car crashing, metal crunching, my mom screaming and my dad yelling. I yelled out in pain. I remember hearing my mom asking if i was okay, I answered her back saying I was okay, then i heard my parents tell me they love me, I told them I love them too. Those were their final words. I was trapped, in the car, I cried. I reached for my mom and my dad, telling them to say it's okay. Their eyes were closed, I begged them to wake up. 

The bell rings

Luke gets up and walks out of the class, he looked at his phone and saw text messages from Sadie, Seth, Courtney and Layla.  Luke then writes a text to Sadie.

Luke: Babe, I'm sorry. I get it if you/re pissed at me. I'm heading home kinda need to be alone. I'll call you tonight. I love you babe. also, keep my hoodies. 

After Luke hit send, he wiped the tears from his eyes and walked outside of the school and headed to his aunt and uncle's place.

After Sadie got the text from Luke, she called Layla, Seth, Courtney and was crying.

Seth: Sadie whats wrong?

Sadie: It's luke! I think he's gonna do something!

Layla: Come on lets go! 

Sadie, Seth, Courtney and Layla go to Luke's aunt and Uncle's place, but when they got there, Luke was a gurney, being wheeled to an ambulance. His aunt crying.

Sadie:  What happened?

Luke's Aunt: Lucas tried to OD. My nephew misses his parents, but i don't understand.

Sadie: Can I go with him in the ambulance? I'm his girlfriend.

Luke's Aunt: You're Sadie? 

Sadie: Yeah.

Luke's Uncle: Go. We'll meet you there.

Sadie climbs in the ambulance and holds Luke's hand and cries.

Sadie: Baby why? Why did you try to hurt yourself? Why did you try to take yourself away from me?

Seth, Layla and Courtney all headed to the hospital. Luke was hooked up to machines, his stomach was pumped and he was resting.

Sadie's POV: Why Luke? Why? I need you in my life. I love you so much. But why? 

Luke then opens his eyes and sees Sadie crying.

Luke: babe?

Sadie: Luke...

Luke: Where am i?

Sadie: the hospital, Luke your aunt said you tried to od.

Luke then looks down.

Sadie: Why?

Luke then looks at Sadie.

Luke: I feel alone.

Sadie: Luke...

Luke: It was my fault they died Sadie. If we stayed home, they would be alive.

Sadie: Luke, you are not alone. You have your aunt and uncle, Seth, Layla, Courtney and myself. 

Sadie then lays with Luke in the hospital bed and Luke holds sadie close to him and cries.

Sadie: I'll always be here for you Luke. Always.

Luke: Please forgive me Sadie... I'm sorry.

Sadie: It's okay Luke, but promise you won't do that again.

Luke: Promise.

Seth: Hey bud how are you feeling?

Sadie: He's upset Seth.

Layla: Luke, if you're ever upset talk to us.

Luke nods his head.

Courtney: Your lucky you're in here.

Luke: why?

Courtney: Cause i'm gonna kick your ass!

Luke: I'm sorry.

Layla: Come on guys, let's leave these two alone.

Layla, Seth and Courtney leave the room.

Sadie: don't ever scare me like that again.

Luke: I promise Sadie.