Chapter 17

Sadie's POV:
I just look at Luke and he's crying. I've never seen Luke cry, he's always laughing and smiling, why would he put on this mask to hide how he was really feeling?

Sadie: Luke?
Luke: thought you were still at Layla's.
Sadie: you left so angry Luke, I had to come find you.
Luke: I came here as you see.
Sadie: why are you pushing me away?
Luke:I'm not. I didn't want anyone to see me here.
Sadie: why not Luke?

Luke knew he had to tell his friends the truth about his situation.

Luke: I was 9 years old when they died.
Sadie: who?
Luke: my parents.

Sadie looks at Luke and he was staring at his parents' graves.

Sadie: Luke what happened?
Luke: one night during a snowstorm, my parents and I were going to go see a hockey game. I begged my parents to take me cause I wanted see this game, it was an outdoor game too. We were driving then a truck got into our side of the road and hit us head on.
Sadie: Luke...
Luke: the driver fell asleep behind the wheel, my parents died at the scene, I was injured badly.

Sadie was listening to Luke talk, she never seen him this upset before.

Sadie: so that's why whenever I asked about your parents you said that they were away.

Luke didn't want anyone to know, he kept quiet about his parents' deaths. He felt responsible.

Luke: that's because I didn't want anyone to know.
Sadie: Luke, you know I'm here for you, same with Seth, Courtney and Layla. We're all here for you.
Luke: i had to move around a lot.

Sadie keeps staring at Luke as he was still telling the story.

Luke: I even lived in Europe for a little while. My aunt and uncle took me in. They helped raised me, they didn't have any kids. When I came to lawrence, it was my dad's old hometown. I wanted to come live here and my aunt and uncle made it happen.
Sadie: where are they now Luke?

Luke tenses up and Sadie could feel him tensing up.

Luke: they were on a flight and the plane crashed killing everybody on board.
Sadie: how did the plane crash?
Luke: not enough oil and someone messed with the control panel before everyone boarded on. That's why I said I have nobody.

Sadie: I'm sorry.

Luke looks at Sadie and he could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

Sadie: I'm sorry I failed Luke.

Luke: you didn't fail.
Sadie: I feel like I did and I'm sorry Luke.

Luke then pulls Sadie into a hug.

Sadie: Luke what are you...
Luke: I love you Sadie.

Still Sadie's POV: Luke and I always say I love you to each other but this time it seems so different.

Sadie then hugs Luke tight.

Sadie: I love you too Luke.