Chapter 16 ※ (Y/N)

Sorry for the extremely late update I was packing up my home since I was moving back to Japan for the holidays and had little to no time to update the story for you guys.

Extremely sorry for the wait!

I hope you like this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16: Back to business

When we got back to headquarters, everyone was already scurrying around, some still in their pajamas, others ready for further instructions. I rushed up to my room and changed into the proper attire, quickly rushing out from the window.

Upon reaching the area, many titans were already scattered among the village. Blood were splattered on the ground, disembodied limbs decorated the ground, shock embedded on torn heads. Most of the cadets were frozen on the spot, but after years of experience, it was all too familiar for me. I immediately dived into the scene of action, slicing through the napes of titans like butter. I managed to travel a round along the wall of the village before ending up in front of the hole in the wall.

"Eren! Wake up!" The sound of Armin's voice captured my attention. I zipped up way through the debris towards Eren who was in his titan form.

"What's wrong?"

"E-eren...h-his not waking up. If he doesn't wake up, we wouldn't be able to fix that hole in the wall." Armin was trying his best to hold his tears and Mikasa was standing there, a dark shadow across her face.

"Mikasa, go help the others first, they need you more. Armin and I will deal with this."

With a nod, she zipped away, leaving me with Armin. "So what do we have here?"

"Um...My assumption is that Eren is way too tired to function by himself. He nearly killed Mikasa when he just shifted, probably allowing his titan nature to take over because of his lack of energy."

"So, we just need to wake him up right?"

"Yes, but I'm not sure h..."

Without waiting for Armin to finish his sentence, I tried my luck and dived my swords into the nape of the sleeping titan. Knowing that I had not killed Eren from the sword through his twitch of his finger after, I looked at the stunned Armin behind me, signaling him to continue with his plan. He began speaking to Eren through the crack that I had made, reminding him of his friends and loved ones he had to protect, how people were still getting killed because of the titans still roaming around, and how the Survey Corps needed him...

Surprisingly, that was able to shake Eren up. We zipped off Eren as he rises. He looks at us and gives us a nod of appreciation and began to pick up the boulder next to him, waking towards the hole in the wall.

"All squads, protect Eren!" Mikasa's voice could be heard from the distance as titans around as began falling.

A smile began to creep up my face. Seeing the cadets working together again is definitely a sight to behold...