Chapter 8

Chapter 8: What the heck?!

As Erwin dressed up in his personal tent, he noticed the tranquility of the entire camp. No a single solider was awake and the Sun was already nearing its peak, signifying that it was almost noon.

'Levi would already up by now, screaming at the soldiers.' Erwin thought as he exited his tent, only to find that all the soldier certainly were still asleep, including Hanji who was always the first one the wake up after Levi does, busy scribbling new observations and notes related to titans into her notebook.

"Levi? Levi wake up. It's about to be noon already. We have to move." Erwin strode in to Levi's tent only to find her he was not in there. "Shit!" he cursed under his breathe before calling every soldier up by himself.

"Gather around people, there's no time to lose. Your corporal has gone missing." Soldiers started murmuring to one another among themselves. "Quieten down people! I'm going to dispatch you into groups. Each of you are going to split up as you go deeper into the forest. Shoot a red flare if you have nothing, a yellow if there are titans attacking, green if you have found nothing and are about to return back here and a black one if you have found something worth my time. Am I clear?!"

"Yes." The troops said with determination in their eyes and immediately set off to work. Erwin looked towards the dark of the forest, worried for his friend and teammates.

'We're coming for you Levi'

******

Levi travelled down further into the basement, finding a fleet of staircases. He descended the spiral stairs that creaked beneath his every step. There was barely any light, the only source of it was from the torches on the wall. Droplets of water dripped down from the ceiling, constantly hitting his shoulders. The eerie setting not spooking him at all. Okay, maybe a little. But Levi being Levi, did not show it. As the air got mustier and denser, it was clear that he was very deep underground. After countless steps, he finally reached the bottom of the stairs, somewhat dizzy form the spiral. He held onto the railing as he closed his eyes, shaking his head hoping to get rid of the dizziness. When he was done, the sight before him amazed him to no end.

There were tonnes of crystals that spotted the cave, there seemed to be no end of the tunnel as he scanned his surroundings. He caressed one of the crystals nearest to him in fear that it will collapse under his touched. The cool surface came in contact with his hand, he felt as if he was in heaven, warmth spreaded through his entire being, making him sigh in pleasure unlike how cold he felt when he entered the cave. However when he opened his eyes, he saw the crystals somehow wrapping around his hand. He immediately pulled his hand back with force that made him fall onto his bum against the crystal behind him. He shot himself forward making sure that none of him was touching any of the crystals. Millions of question flooded his mind, but only one mattered the most out of all of them...

'What on this damned earth is going on?'