Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Tea

(Y/N) arrived back at the HQ before dawn without anyone catching her. She slipped back into her room and changed into her uniform, all just in time for breakfast. She trotted her way to the mess hall, completely satisfied with her adventure the night before.

She was met with her old squad of Eld, Oluo and Gunther, who were all very excited for her to be back from her leave. Levi, Erwin, and Hanji, who still had her eyes glued to the book (Y/N) gave her a couple days back, waved for her to join them. Smiles and waves were sent to her as she passed by other cadets. Levi, who had been staring at her the moment she entered the dining hall with his mouth wide open, fought back a blush when Hanji lifted his jaw back while giving him a smug look. He quickly hid his face behind his cup took a sip of the tea.

"Who made this tea?"

"Me. Why?" (Y/N) replied. Levi was surprised by this gesture.

"It tastes like..." Levi was about to compliment it when he saw Petra waking towards him with the tightest outfit he had ever seen, trying to act seductive but ultimately failing. "Shit"

The moment those words came put of this mouth, Levi immediately shifted his gaze to (Y/N) only to find her seat empty and her figure shaking with anger. She exited the mess hall with a bang of the door. Levi knew he messed up again. He didn't direct those words to (Y/N)'s efforts of making his black tea. He knew he was the only one in the Survey Corps who drank black tea when the rest drank red. It was another tedious procedure needed to do when it comes to any meal so that the cadet wouldn't be punished with tons of cleaning.

Levi's hands clenched together when Petra flopped herself on his lap, the china in his hand cracking under his hold. Levi took another sipped of (Y/N)'s tea, calming himself down with the memory of when he found her in the kitchen that night...

Levi had always been a light sleeper. When he heard to clashing to pots and pans, his eyes shot open. He grabbed his dagger and went to the kitchen swiftly, his footsteps barely making any sound. When he reached there, he found the culprit still standing there, nursing itself. He took this opportunity to pounce onto it and covered its mouth with his free hand. When he was about to stab it in the stomach, he realised that it was (Y/N) . Levi jumped off of her in shock.

"(Y/N)?!"

(Y/N) hit him in the arm, a pout forming on her face before it turned into a smile. She kissed him on the cheek.

"Good morning."

"What are you doing so early in the morning? I almost killed you!"

"Clearly," (Y/N)'s voice laced with slight irritant. "I was trying out different types of black tea. You know, spice it up a little. Here, try this."

(Y/N) passed him a cup of warm black tea. Levi sniffed the tea. He knew that the cup of black tea in his hands was no normal black tea, something else was added into it. But he just couldn't pinpoint it out.

"It's not laced with poison if that's what you're worried about." (Y/N) started to clear up the mess on the kitchen table, glancing at him once in a few second, interested in his reaction to her new concoction.

Levi was taken aback by the flavor of his black tea. It literally blew his mind away. (Y/N) smiled at his expression.

" I guess its good then."

Levi only nodded at her statement, wanting to drink more of it. "What's in this?"

"I added some of this, some of that and of course, some love." (Y/N) smirked at her answer. Levi raised his eyebrows at her, knowing that he would not get any other answer from (Y/N)  , because of her stubborn attitude that he grew to love...