Chapter 4 ※ Levi

Chapter 4: Waking up

I have no idea how long I've been in this room. Days? Weeks? Months? I don't know. Neither do I care. After she left, I really did not have much meaning to live anymore. Everyday I was just drinking, sleeping and crying, nothing else I have not felt so broken before. My room is in a complete mess, dust coated the furniture and flies in all direction with every step that I take, papers and books are strewn everywhere. There's not one place that is not dirty but I could not careless. Everyone has tried to talk me out of my stance but nothing works. I only want my (Y/N). Gradually, most of them have up. Only Erwin and Hanji stayed with me. The death of the cadets grew rapidly ever since I shut myself out from the rest of the world. But, as usual, I did not care about that either.

Oh, my (Y/N), please come back...I love you...I'm sorry...

"Levi?" Erwin's voice echoed through my room while the sound if the creaking door signified his entrance. "Levi, you have to come out of there. It's been two years." Two year? Felt like an eternity though. Erwin went to the window and threw open the curtains, allowing sunlight to pour on the room. I winced and scurried to my bed before hiding under the blankets like a child. Sighing, Erwin tore the blankets away from me and dragged me to the bathroom, tossing me in.

"Clean yourself up. Meet me in the mess hall after you're done." Erwin ordered before exiting my room. I clicked my tongue in response, letting the luke warm water run down my back in beads.

. . .

"Heh! Isn't that corporal Levi?!"

"What happened to him?"

As I walked down the mess hall towards Erwin, the constant whispers began. I kept my stotic face as emotions once again started pouring in, tears threatening to fall. A familiar face appeared in front of me, her face covered in scars and bruises, her eyes red and puffy. It took me sometime to realise that the person on front of me was Hanji. Man, she took it worse than I did.

"Levi...how are you? You holding up fine?" I nodded my head in response as she brought me into a tight hug which I returned hesitantly. She pulled herself away from me, allowing some oxygen to flow into my lungs before tugging me to Erwin's table.

"Levi, Hanji," he greeted. "I bring both good and bad news. Which would both of you like to hear first." He asked, a spark of how in his eyes. I frowned upon his expression and decided on the bad news first since Hanji was just staring at the table as if it was the most interesting thing.

"Well, the bad news is that the Survey Corps is early wiped out of its existence. Most of the cadets were wiped out from the recently expedition. So we'll need you back in the team Levi." I clicked my tongue in irrigation, but accepted my fate. "The good news is..." Erwin trailed off as he dug in his bag while I impatiently waited. He pulled out a leather notebook with the letter ' (Y/N)' engraved on the top of it. My eyes widened, heart skipping a best with the next few words coming out of his mouth.

" (Y/N). She's alive."